King's Quest 8

Let's discuss this game. It's the most controversial of the KQ games. If you like it, explain why. If you don't, explain it. If you were open to the concept but left unpleased by it's execution, talk about it here. I just want to talk about the most controversial, experimental and ground breaking game of the series.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Let's discuss this game. It's the most controversial of the KQ games. If you like it, explain why. If you don't, explain it. If you were open to the concept but left unpleased by it's execution, talk about it here. I just want to talk about the most controversial, experimental and ground breaking game of the series.

MOST ground-breaking??

You mean more ground-breaking than being the first adventure game in which a graphical character moved through a graphical environment in real time? ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Lambonius wrote: »
    MOST ground-breaking??

You mean more ground-breaking than being the first adventure game in which a graphical character moved through a graphical environment in real time? ;)

Groundbreaking for the KQ series is what I meant. It was definitely the most revolutionary of the KQ games, along with KQ1 and KQ5.
  • edited September 2011
    I like it. It's not perfect. It had its flaws. But to say it's an awful game is just unfair and narrow minded. Which, if you adore adventures and loathe combat-based games of any sort, that is a kind of narrow-mindedness. One that there's nothing wrong with, actually. But you can't say that MOE is a bad game based SOLELY on that which is the fad.

I liked it and appreciated it. It tried something new while trying to keep the old atmosphere. It didn't have a terribly complex storyline, but really none of the KQ games did, with the slight exception of KQ6 which had quite a bit more writing than the other games. It could have been MUCH worse. I would have liked to have seen the KQ series evolve even more and still be today the powerhouse of gaming and the showcase of the latest modern technology gaming has to offer.
  • edited September 2011
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23317

Isn't this just another version of at least 2-3 other discussions in this forum?
  • edited September 2011
    Actually, yes. Shame on you, Anakin, for your guile and deception.
  • edited June 2012
    A zombie cometh for you, Anakin! Rise from the crypt thread!

This should be merged into the older KQ8 thread by Anakin.

As per GuruGuru's thread policy;
    First off, please make sure a similar thread doesn't already exist. This forum isn't that large yet, so this shouldn't be too difficult, and we do have a search function. We mods have to track down and merge duplicate threads, so not only does not posting duplicate threads keep the forums less cluttered and running more smoothly, it makes it much easier for us to keep track of things
Sign in to comment in this discussion.