And now what will happen to the Straandlooper-Telltale partnership?

Now that Hector series is finished, what will happen to the Straandlooper partnership with Telltale?
Was it only for the Hector game, or Telltale will support the next Straandlooper's project (if there will be one)?
They'll be able to do their own stuff or Telltale will commission them a particular game to develope?
Or the guys will be incorporated inside Telltale to work on Telltale's current projects?

Anyone knows?
I'm worried to lose such talents! :)

Comments

• edited September 2011
    As far as I know, Telltale was merely publishing Hector for them. They do not own Straandlooper or the rights to their properties. Straandlooper mostly does animation anyway. If the Hector game has been profitable for both companies I'm sure they'll consider working together again.
  • edited September 2011
    Looking at the Straandlooper website, they appear to do much more than game development. I don't know what cause there is to think they signed over the company or put Telltale in a position to dictate their other projects or employees. If the Hector deal worked out well for both sides and Straandlooper has other IP they want to make into Telltale-like games, then we might see Telltale publish them.
  • edited October 2011
    I'd like to hope they are going collaborate on another Hector related adventure in the near future. There is huge potential for more stories set in the Hector Universe. It is such a fully realised and complete world with a diverse cast of interesting and amusing (and sometime disturbing) characters.

Barring that I hope they are working on a new adventure game IP. Straandlooper already has one great one under their belt so they're likely capable of more.
  • edited October 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I'd like to hope they are going collaborate on another Hector related adventure in the near future. There is huge potential for more stories set in the Hector Universe. It is such a fully realised and complete world with a diverse cast of interesting and amusing (and sometime disturbing) characters.

Barring that I hope they are working on a new adventure game IP. Straandlooper already has one great one under their belt so they're likely capable of more.

That depends on 3 things:

a) if Straandlooper deems Badge of Carnage successful enough an experiment.

b) if Telltale thinks Badge of Carnage holds its own profits-wise with the Telltale production greats

c) if the two companies have a firm enough friendship to continue, or Straandlooper want to do it by themselves/with a different computer game publishing company.

I sincerely hope there are more because I agree with you.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.