Can't save in Episode 3?

edited October 2011 in Back to the Future
I bought this game before it came out, but all the parts came out by the time I was on Episode 2, and I kinda put it off. So I finished part 2 and am back into it.

I loaded all the parts off of this site, but now there is no save option, so I just quit my game and lost all my progess. What the :mad:?

So what wacky glitch is there about this? Is it because I loaded 4 and 5 or something? How do I fix this?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    MBXfilms wrote: »
    I bought this game before it came out, but all the parts came out by the time I was on Episode 2, and I kinda put it off. So I finished part 2 and am back into it.

I loaded all the parts off of this site, but now there is no save option, so I just quit my game and lost all my progess. What the :mad:?

So what wacky glitch is there about this? Is it because I loaded 4 and 5 or something? How do I fix this?

There's been a few different things that have been discovered to cause this. Give this thread a good read through and try everything there. Report back either way. Hope it helps!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Hi MBX, it's a bit of a glitch. You need to make sure you start the launcher from the episode 3 game shortcut rather than one for an earlier episode. Give it a try and the Save/Load option should appear in the menu.
  • edited October 2011
    Well I used the "launcher" from the last episode with the DeLorean so I figured it would be the most up to date. I just reinstalled 3 but it kept the picture of the last episode.

Will the Load/Save feature appear as soon as I open it? I just want the fastest way to check without going through the whole first cutscene to try.
  • edited October 2011
    MBXfilms wrote: »
    Will the Load/Save feature appear as soon as I open it? I just want the fastest way to check without going through the whole first cutscene to try.

It should.
  • edited October 2011
    Then reloading 3 did not work.
    edited October 2011
    You'll need to find the actual episode 3 shortcut. My install might look different to yours, but here's a screenshot:

g1oy3.jpg

You want to start episode 3 using the episode 3 icon, the one with Edna's face.
  • edited October 2011
    Well I uninstalled everything except 1 and 3, and then it worked. I'll stop using the desktop icon and use their real loaders like you said puzzlebox for the rest as I play them, thanks.
    edited October 2011
    Glad you got it working!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.