Draw an Ape Contest

ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
edited May 2007 in General Chat
In case you missed the blog, just draw an ape and send it to contest@telltalegames.com along with your mailing address and you're eligible to receive a Sam & Max comic signed by Steve Purcell and Graham Annable.

Did you do one? Lets see!

apeoj0.jpg

Comments

• MelMel
    edited April 2007
    This is in the Sam & Max forum too. :)

I drew one but I won't display it publicly (unless it wins). It doesn't look very good.
  • edited April 2007
    It's just a random draw, so skill doesent matter apparently
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    It's just a random draw, so skill doesent matter apparently

It's a good thing skill doesn't matter. :p

I'm just not brave enough to post it. I found a picture of a macaque and sketched it.
  • edited April 2007
    I drew a cartoon ape head, but I just need to somehow get it onto my computer. I'll probably take a photo of it and spiff it up in corel
  • edited April 2007
    I draw an ape! (well, animated to be honest)
    I never draw/animate stuff so I'm no good at it ^^ A five year old kid would draw an ape better then I do.

plan3ape.jpg

(But hey, I think he's cute! He is cute and I shall call him Fido)
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    He is cute! I like Shaun's too (it looks like kind of a gorilla/yeti cross). :)

OK, I'll be brave and show mine :o

MacaqueAPEcontest.jpg
  • edited April 2007
    This is the first draw of it, sorry for the quality of the picture, my scanner is sitting under a pile of courses and books, it's not reachable anymore :/
    6c01160404a87847588f06d7f8b9t2.jpg
  • edited April 2007
    Cant resist an opportunity to draw an ape! heres mine
    emilape.jpg
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    These are great! Keep them coming.

Mel - I thought Chewy too. But that's okay! Absolutely no skill required. I just wanted to see what people would come up with.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Mel - I thought Chewy too. But that's okay!

It's definitely a reflection of my struggles with sketching faces (whether they're on animals or people). I kind of like the Chewy look. :p
    Absolutely no skill required. I just wanted to see what people would come up with.

I think that's the most fun aspect. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    It's definitely a reflection of my struggles with sketching faces (whether they're on animals or people).

If every face you draw subconsciously ends up becoming Chewbacca, you may want to seek counseling.
    edited April 2007
    Also:

myape.jpg

(video james is unrelated)
  • edited April 2007
    I'm really sorry for this Jake, but...

"Mgra Feet"
    "skinboddies in sewer, use it?"

Did you make that with purpose to mess with us, or is that actually some hint what you guys really are planning for seson 2?
    I hope for the second, skinboddies forever!

Yet again, sorry. I just couldn't resist :p
    edited April 2007
    No heh they're notes for something involving Episode 2 (as in Situation: Comedy, not as in Season 2).

For the record: Skinbodies in the sewer = my shorthand for the cutscene where you shoot the rats into the manhole, and Myra feet = when Myra's feet pop out from beneath the TV for a couple frames in one of the cutscenes.

I wish I had been clever enough to reveal some awesome info that way, but no, just old old info.
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Myra feet = when Myra's feet pop out from beneath the TV for a couple frames do nothing in one of the cutscenes.

Shush, you!
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    If every face you draw subconsciously ends up becoming Chewbacca, you may want to seek counseling.

Oh dear. Here I was thinking it wasn't a problem. That I had it under control. :(

Seriously, I just can't draw faces in general (they don't all come out looking like Chewbacca.)

:D
  • edited April 2007
    No heh they're notes for something involving Episode 2 (as in Situation: Comedy, not as in Season 2).

For the record: Skinbodies in the sewer = my shorthand for the cutscene where you shoot the rats into the manhole, and Myra feet = when Myra's feet pop out from beneath the TV for a couple frames in one of the cutscenes.

I wish I had been clever enough to reveal some awesome info that way, but no, just old old info.
    Oww... :D

That make sense, maybe could have got it if I saw that it stood "Myra"... Damn those dark pixels :p
  • edited April 2007
    Here is the one I submitted. I planned on making a larger scene, but I got too lazy.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/akajackfrost/?action=view&current=SamMaxApe.jpg

BTW Does anybody here know anything about the temporal and spatial distribution of ciliogenesis in the tracheobronchial airways of mice? I'm interested in learning about it? ;)
  • edited April 2007
    And finally, I got ahold of a digital camera...
    feel free to puke.
    ape2gw6.jpg
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    I like it! :) (I like how you did his fur)

@akajackfrost: I try to reuse the backs of paper I don't need. It was the cover page of an article I had and I didn't realize it would show through when I scanned it. :p I skimmed the article but it didn't stick with me. I basically read it to see how they stained for cilia. :)
  • edited April 2007
    monkeyfa7.jpg
  • edited April 2007
    So.... who won?
    edited April 2007
    me, sorry guys.

* actual winners coming soon
  • edited April 2007
    I'm actually embarrassed to have won because now everyone on the Internet can see that I can draw worse than a Kindergartener.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
  • edited April 2007
    :(

Maybe next time
  • edited April 2007
    Wow. I'm almost ashamed that my entry was selected. I mean - it's probably the least charming out of the entire bunch, and what a horrible attempt at political satire. *shakes head* What was I thinking?

Well, here's to random selection...and winning!
  • edited May 2007
    Update: I received the comics today, and am super-stoked to have Steve Purcell's autograph, as I've been a tremendous fan of Sam and Max since Hit the Road. And getting Graham Annable's autographed comic was a nifty bonus, considering his contributions to a number of other adventure games that definately serve as high-points in my gaming experience (Full Throttle, Curse of Monkey Island). Fun!
    contestcomics00mh1.th.jpg
    (Click for full view.)
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    I got mine today as well (that was fast)! Yay!

Thanks again! :)
  • edited May 2007
    Holy cow I won something from the most excellent game company Telltale! That merits signing up for the forums, at least.

PS mine was the one with Donkey Kong that was supposed to be a whole Planet of the Apes thing but actually about video games but it was probably difficult to understand because of my lack of drawing skill.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Im 30 miles from San Rafael and i'm still waiting :p
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Woo, got em!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.