Question about ram

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
As i sit here in my photoshop class procrastinating, I had the sudden urge to ask: What is it about Brady Cultures "Home for the <yada yada>" and The White House courtyard that seem to eat up all mah ram. My mediocre knowledge of level design automatically said leak when I first thought about it, but I don't suppose you can have a leak in a level that consists of a single "room" can you?

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I know the White House lags because of all the leaves on the trees, but I haven't had any problem with Brady Culture's place.
  • edited April 2007
    really? The courtyard doesn't seem as bad as brady's to me. The only place it really gets bad is when it moves the camera to sam when talking to superball. But i can never seem to actually get rendering in brady's before the dialog starts. which is annoying cause i love that line and its all skipping around to catch up. And before i upgraded my ram I used to run out in brady's.
  • edited April 2007
    How much did you have before and after upgrading?
  • edited April 2007
    oh from 512 to 768
  • edited April 2007
    Hm, that's odd. I played that Episode using 512MB and I never had any memory problems. You sure it isn't some other program running in the background?
  • edited April 2007
    no I keep the process list down to 18 on the profile I use for gaming. I dunno why but these areas seem quite more demanding than other areas.
  • edited April 2007
    I noticed a lag in Ted E. Bears main floor, that was it. NOthing that made it unplayable, but it was a touch bothersome.
  • edited April 2007
    The only time I ever see serious lag is when I'm walking from the courtyard into the White House...
  • edited April 2007
    I also experienced a small lag in Ted. E. Bears main floor, but it was ok. Not that bad really. My computer is not actually the fastest one around.
  • edited April 2007
    Mine's an upper-mid range, and it had the lag. It's hard to state these are leaks when there are people experiencing it at different places. I think it has alot more to do with what's going on in the computer's background while you're also running the game.
  • edited April 2007
    Well it isn't too bad in brady's since i updgraded ram but it still doesn't render before the dialogue starts which like i said annoys me because i love that line and it has to skip around to play catch up. That thing about the leaves in the courtyard makes since, but what could be slowing me down at brady's.
  • edited April 2007
    This sounds like a case of Spyware to me. Search for "Lavasoft" on Google and download the free version of "Adaware SE". If that program doesn't help, even after updating to the newest detection definitions, then try searching for "Spybot Search & Destroy" on Google and downloading that program.
  • edited April 2007
    no i have adaware, and spybot. and like i said i have a seperate profile to run games that has only necessary processes running. so my pc is clean of any spyware and unnecessary processes. plus it only happens in like two places. If it were background processes, then it still doesn't answer my question which is why brady's seems more demanding than other areas.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.