How come the shipping for the Free DVD is more then what USPS charges?

edited October 2011 in Back to the Future
Something thats been bothering me and maybe someone here knows if it has been answered. Now while I know we get the free DVD since we bought it from Telltale. This annoyed me since I 1st saw it. It costs 7.50$ for shipping via USPS.

Now this seems like its padded and costs way more then the shipping does. Media mail, hell even 1st class if you mail a package costs less then that!

Since the DVD game is in a regular DVD case..
https://www.usps.com/send/media-mail.htm $2.41 is the cost. Whats with the increased shipping cost is all I am wondering about. =/

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing the last time I bought from them, It's also part of the reason I don't plan on buying from them any time to soon
  • edited October 2011
    packaging, taxes and labour costs in packing and shipping.
  • edited October 2011
    Plus they are shipping via Priority Mail with Delivery Comfirmation, which cost start at 4.80 for Priority Mail alone, add Delivery Comfirmation, Taxes, Package, and Handling fees
    it adds up. Not really something Telltale planned to do, The USPS itself is raising rates all around, mainly because they are in the red and need to make up the costs to keep afloat. It's unfortunate but thats just the way it is.
  • edited October 2011
    Well usually when labor is involved thats part of a handling fee.. thing is, they say "pay just shipping" I mean the shipping alone is almost as much as the game is. Also companies usually get a bulk rate discount. So what we pay in USPS isnt what Telltale would be paying. So still seems off. Just a lil disheartening. Preordered with Telltale, in hopes and joys of having a DVD version too... only to get smacked down sadly with shipping costs that are almost the cost of the game already paid for. =/
  • edited October 2011
    I'm not a fan of increased shipping costs either, but in fairness, they have to pay for boxes and materials too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.