Best BTTF car ever made..?

I was extremely lucky to have met a professional prop builder that has worked for Universal Studios on some of the rides (including the BTTF Ride!). He now builds props and BTTF Time Machines.

I was lucky enough to be one of the very first people to get a sneak peak at quite possibly the best thing i've ever seen. It makes any supercar I can think of look average. It was jaw dropping, and a true life experience to see this thing for real. Everything could be controlled wirelessly, flux bands, fog machine, and many built in quotes and the theme tune from the film. It even had a hover conversion from 2015! ;)

greatscott2.jpg

greatscott3.jpg

sdc11045b.jpg

sdc11059qt.jpg

greatscott1.jpg

Comments

• edited October 2011
    That is pretty awesome.... I want one.
  • edited October 2011
    I saw a car with those blue lights the other day. Not a Delorean, of course, but it looks pretty awesome at night.
  • edited October 2011
    What an amazing car; you can really see the attention to detail.
  • edited October 2011
    What an amazing car; you can really see the attention to detail.

Not sure if that was a sneaky dig at the fact that they are quite dark to show the hover mode, but here's a few light pics too :p

sdc11041t.jpg

sdc11039x.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    Not sure if that was a sneaky dig at the fact that they are quite dark to show the hover mode...

Now that I re-read my comment, I realize that I did come off as being a bit of a smartass. :p
    ...but here's a few light pics too.

The girl in the second picture gave me a bit of a scare, seeing as her head's turned away from the camera but the way her body's positioned looks like that it's facing towards the camera.
  • edited October 2011
    Can't say the seat covers add to the authenticity. :p

All in all, a good replica to have display, but not really much of a driveable car with the folding wheels...or am I wrong?
  • edited October 2011
    Can't say the seat covers add to the authenticity. :p

All in all, a good replica to have display, but not really much of a driveable car with the folding wheels...or am I wrong?

Lol, you are correct..... In that you're wrong. It's fully drivable, the wheels are very detailed covers that hang over the wheels when stationary for show, but with the black wheel covers on it's very hard to tell.
  • edited October 2011
    Ohhh...hehe, now that you point that fact out, I see the outlines of the wheels in the glow of the hover wheels. :p
  • edited October 2011
    Changed the first two pics to lighter ones as the others were a bit too dark.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.