Sam & Max seasons 1 and 2 on Windows 7

edited October 2011 in Sam & Max
For Sam & Max seasons 1 and 2 it says you need windows xp or vista. I have windows 7 and was wondering if it would work on windows 7 too because I dont want to but the game and have it not work.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I've played Season 2 on Windows 7, not played Season 1 in quite a long time, so can't say for certain on that one, but Season 1 does have a free episode (104) that you can grab to try out and see if it works.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, from my experience both seasons work perfectly!

If for some reason yours has problems, though, try this:

right click the game in the start menu (the option won't be available on shortcuts), then hit properties. There should be a tab that says "compatibility".

From there, all you gotta do is hit the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose from the list of windows versions!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Same here. Seasons 1 and 2 were about the first games I installed on Windows 7 (64bit), and there was zero (0) problem with them.

(Season 1 was the German retail edition, Season 2 was Telltale's end of Season disc - just FYI)
  • edited October 2011
    Yes, but correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember, S1 does not support Widescreen. I even remember Jake's post about season 2's features from long ago, something about "supporting the widescreen monitors kids have these days"
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I still use a 4:3 ratio monitor, so duh. ;)
  • edited October 2011
    There is a tool that enables widescreen resolutions on S1, however the overlays are still done at 4:3 ratio, so transitions and cutscenes are b0rked for most parts.
  • edited October 2011
    What Edgy said is true.

I do have Windows 7 x64 and the games work perfectly fine for me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.