It's...okay

edited April 2007 in Bone
I played the "Out From Boneville" demo (up to the middle of Ted hopping across the river), and it's okay. It plays more like an interactive movie, where you basically can't die. It somewhat follows the story, though it cuts out some parts, while adding some content.

The graphics look good for the content, and I think that it would make a good DVD movie. The only thing i didn't like was that sometimes, you don't know what to do next, and Smiley's voice overs just sounded horrible.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    You should try the Cow Race demo too. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that one. It's part of the game at the spring fair (not a timed demo).

Out from Boneville was the first episode Telltale did. I think it's a great game, but there are some rough spots. The beauty of doing episodic games is that each one improves over the one before it...
  • edited April 2007
    JDB1984 wrote: »
    The only thing i didn't like was that sometimes, you don't know what to do next.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Adventure games!
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah, but with most, you can ask around or track down a guide. Here, it's just "Click and hope you get lucky." If i didn't read the comics before trying the demo, I probably would have been even more lost.
  • edited April 2007
    Call me stupid, but how do you get the demo?

EDIT:
    Wait, never mind, I found it!
  • edited April 2007
    JDB1984 wrote: »
    Yeah, but with most, you can ask around or track down a guide. Here, it's just "Click and hope you get lucky." If i didn't read the comics before trying the demo, I probably would have been even more lost.

Game guides for both Bone games are up on GameFaqs. I had to use them myself in a couple of sticky spots.
  • edited April 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    You should try the Cow Race demo too. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that one. It's part of the game at the spring fair (not a timed demo).

I tried it, but I couldn't beat the cow race game. So I had no way to try and smooth things over with Thorn.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.