Great Scott! I've arrived at Universal Studios in the year 2011

edited November 2011 in Back to the Future
I was on my holiday in Florida, and planned to go see Doc at Universal. I'm sure he was the same actor/employee that was outside the ride in 2005/2006 when it was still open. He was over the moon with my tshirt, and even more so when I gave him his very own copy :D In return he let me take some cool photos with the props that are normally off limits. Enjoy, I know I did!

sdc107800005.jpg

sdc107820003.jpg

sdc107780007.jpg

On a positive note, they now have the BTTF theme tune blasting out as you enter the park at times and have now made their BTTF area a lot better, with the epic music Back In Time, Power Of Love, and the amazing theme tune playing from behind the train. It looks like they are taking more care of their greatest creations props these days. Some staff there also agreed that a new ride in 2015 would be a great idea, one suggested that Nike should get involved and sell powerlaced Mags in the park! Now THAT would be cool and would generate an absolute fortune for them both. Hmm..

Comments

• edited October 2011
    LOL This is so awesome, you are awesome for being able to do this! Love it. :)
  • edited October 2011
    Lucky you for actually getting the pictures on the DeLorean and the train; they're usually pretty strict about the 'no touching the props' rule.
  • edited October 2011
    I guess when he knows a fan is a genuine person who would treat them with care, he would be more inclined to do it. I guess him getting something for a change was a nice surprise. I must admit, a few people including a guy who sometimes maintains rides at Universal said that even big fans aren't allowed to sit/stand on them. Definitely feel privileged and couldn't thank him enough.
  • edited October 2011
    Did you give the Simpsons ride a shot?
  • edited October 2011
    Certainly did, many times. An excellent ride, no doubt about it... Just doesn't give you the epic feeling that BTTF did. You felt like you were part of something special with BTTF. Simpsons is already on 5-10minute queues and is fading fast.
  • edited November 2011
    I would hand him some of the stuff in the deluxe edition to pose with!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.