Where is retail Back To The Future for PS3??

edited November 2011 in Back to the Future
Even the release date was many days ago, I can't find the game nowhere, not even at the internet! Does anyone already bought it?? This is really a mystery to me! The official release date was 25 of October..
ps I live in Europe

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2011
    As far as I know the game was only released at retail in North America.

The game is available from Gamestop here for $19.99 USD. Most PlayStation 3 games are region free, so you should be able to play it on your console.
  • edited October 2011
    Thank you jennifer! It seems the only shop that sells the game! not even telltale shop!
  • edited October 2011
    Here's what I think. Places like Wal-Mart don't get new shipments in until Tuesdays for the most part, so you might have to check later if it's not out yet.
  • edited October 2011
    Walmart only gets popular games and games that they know are going to sell to kids (movie/toy-based games). I would be surprised if a Walmart carried the BTTF game though because, while it IS a movie game, it's also a point-and-click-- an unpopular genre, and nobody even knows the game is out/came out/was coming out. I feel like they wouldn't bother.

Gamestop's site definitely has it, but the stores are hit or miss. A lot of them don't seem to have it and mine actually said they were only getting copies in for those who preordered (and I didn't).

Amazon has it too: http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future--Game-sony-playstation3/dp/B005N64U9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319870052&sr=8-1

I've also heard some Targets have it, but I haven't been to one since release, so I wouldn't know.
  • edited October 2011
    I have not been on the TT site for a while so I did not even KNOW that they were gonna sell BTTF: the game as a PS3 disc but I saw one at my local game stop and with my store credit on my Edge card I paid 14 with tax :D!
  • edited October 2011
    Dave McFly wrote: »
    I have not been on the TT site for a while so I did not even KNOW that they were gonna sell BTTF: the game as a PS3 disc but I saw one at my local game stop and with my store credit on my Edge card I paid 14 with tax :D!

Nice! How does it play? Just as many load screens as PC or are they faster?
  • edited October 2011
    I never played it on the PC but from what I seen in the play through videos the loading (complete with a flux capacitor animation) is still the same. the only thing I do not like is the 'cinemas' are not smooth the video paused like 3 times when Marty was making his trip from 86 to 31.
  • edited October 2011
    That's kinda lame. I was hoping that it'd be optimized for the disk, but I guess not. I may or may not get it then since I already have the PSN version. :(
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks for your feedback guys! Unfortunately if I purchase it from Amazon US (I live in Greece) I have to buy 18$ only for the shipping and handling and this is too much.. Does anyone knows if the game is going to released sometime in Europe?
  • edited October 2011
    Dave McFly wrote: »

Could you post a photo of the PS3 cover? Somehow the GameStop site only shows the old version of the cover art (with the blue lightning), and I was wondering if the actual cover uses the new version of the artwork.
  • edited November 2011
    better late than never laser ;)

mw8m1f.jpg
    :o
  • edited November 2011

I guess the liked it better than this one.
  • edited November 2011

I guess the liked it better than this one.

It's still awesome! ;)

I'm still somewhat tempted to get the PS3 retail disk, if only to save HD space. But I'm also tempted to get the Wii version at some point too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.