Request for Telltale

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
Once this whole thing blows over, and the season finale is released to the public, could we please please please please please get a video of the ending credits sequence?

Absolutely the coolest part of the entire game in my book.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Not a bad idea. :)
  • edited April 2007
    Now I want to finish the game right away!
  • edited April 2007
    WARNING! EP6 Endgame spoiler!
    Believe it or not, it actually took me quite a while to catch on that they had to hit everyone over the head to stop them from acting like MAX... I didn't catch on to the switch of who they were being hypnotized to act like.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    D'oh a couple people were worried that that would be the case. Hopefully most people caught on eventually :)
  • edited April 2007
    I caught on once Myra started gagging like Max, I was so into the song that I didn't focus on the animations hehe... but who wouldn't want to live in a world of Maxes???
  • edited April 2007
    the joke in episode 4 where hugh bliss says he doesnt drink alcohol makes more sence now..... :rolleyes:

i was waiting for some deathstar jokes...... or for them to blow up the moon or something

and i was a little dissappointed that you took out the lines that sam and max say when they are in certain locations, and just added a bunch of general comments that that are the same no matter what location you talk to max in(but they are funny)

this one made me fall on the floor
    Sam: "Random, but innocous comment"
    Max: "irrevelant reply that hints at mental instability"
    Sam: "You crack me up, little buddy"
  • edited April 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    D'oh a couple people were worried that that would be the case. Hopefully most people caught on eventually :)

I actually expected it...
    Max earlier made the comment when I told him Bliss had enslaved the populace that "They should be behaving like me!" Then, Max ends up in the device and the beam changes. I was actually looking forward to interacting with everyone on Earth, but the credits sequence was outstanding enough to make me not long for the interactivity.

It was everything I ever dreamed it to be... and more! If it hadn't happened, I would have felt left down. Thanks TTG for not letting me down!
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah... It occurred to me that that might be the case, but the problem is that when Max said they needed to hit everyone in the world over the head, that made me think twice about that notion, since I wouldn't normally think Max would mind everyone in the world acting like him.

So by the time we came to Sybil saying the opening line to ep1, I was just totally confused...

I finally caught on when I saw the Mafia guy acting like Max on top of their car...
  • edited April 2007
    So does that mean with the TellTale animation structure that you can do any animation for any character with the same "bones"? Or did you remake all of the animations for those guys?
    edited April 2007
    It's a little of this, a little of that.
  • edited April 2007
    The only thing that would have made that funnier would be if it featured more characters, ideally characters who didn't appear this season XD Actually, it would have been a pretty funny place to insert live-action clips of people like Steve Purcell and Dave Grossman being hit in the head by the animated Max... although you could probably work that in anywhere. ;)
  • edited April 2007
    Sadly, that requires a much bigger budget... ;)
  • edited April 2007
    i think it would be great if it is possible to get all the cool songs from the games als downloadable mp3s (lyrics included)
    - more than jerks
    -teddy bear song
    - war song
    edited April 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »

More important is the issue of just not doing any video playback in the games. Everything is done in-engine (versus being pre-rendered) for both aesthetic and file-size reasons.
  • edited April 2007
    In-game sequences should be done in place of video in every situation possible, in my opinion. It helps immersion greatly, and as you said it saves a lot of space. :) Sometimes video should be done instead, but I don't think it would work very well at all with Sam & Max.
  • edited April 2007
    I agree. Any clear difference between the cutscenes and the game proper will hurt immersion. I recall this all too well from such games as Syberia, Keepsake, and Murder on the Orient Express. So 'tis for good reasons that the old scumm games also relied almost entirely on scripted events.
    And besides all that: each time I watch the War Song video online, I'd swear that the lip-synching is better in-game than in the video. Go figure.:)
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah... It occurred to me that that might be the case, but the problem is that when Max said they needed to hit everyone in the world over the head, that made me think twice about that notion, since I wouldn't normally think Max would mind everyone in the world acting like him.

So by the time we came to Sybil saying the opening line to ep1, I was just totally confused...

I finally caught on when I saw the Mafia guy acting like Max on top of their car...

Ah, good point. I did have the same thought immediately (why would he want to do that?), so I cannot say I didn't doubt that maybe I was wrong in my original predictions.
  • edited April 2007

I was just kidding, but I think it would be doable to have some shaky-cam footage with the same equipment they used for the recent "behind the music" feature :D
    Maybe as a DVD bonus :p
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    The credits song and accompanying animations are definitely one of the best parts of Bright Side of the Moon. :D
  • edited May 2007

A world full of max's means a crapload of competition.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    And besides all that: each time I watch the War Song video online, I'd swear that the lip-synching is better in-game than in the video. Go figure.:)

It is. We use Fraps to capture video, and recently learned that when using Fraps to capture long segments of video out of Telltale's engine, the two tools essentially start fighting each other over the frame rate, and Fraps wins. Telltale's tool slows down the animation to the frame rate it thinks Fraps wants it to be at, and the animation gets out of sync with the audio. (Or something like that.)

I think Jake has figured out a workaround for this, so it shouldn't be as noticeable moving forward.
    edited May 2007
    Yeah it doesn't happen with the video on the DVD, for instance.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.