Where is retail Back To The Future PS3 for CANADA??

EBGames.ca doesn't have it.
Gamestop.ca doesn't have it.
EBGames.ca doesn't have it.
Futureshop.ca doesn't have it.
Bestbuy.ca doesn't have it.

Amazon.com has it, but Amazon.com are racist and xenophobic and refuse to ship games to Canada.

So Telltale, where is it?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    racist
    I didn't even know Canadians were a different race... you live and learn!
  • Apparently Penguins attacked the dog sled they were being imported from and the RCMP couldn't get them to a safe igloo in time.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh for christ's sake.
  • edited November 2011
    I order it from gamestop. I live in Greece, and if they send it in Greece, the send it in Canada as well..
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/back-to-the-future/92848
  • edited November 2011
    Amazon ship to most places, expect where specific limitations exist.
    Eg buying some 2nd hand items from .com won't do uk shipping and certain amazon stock items won't due to legal restrictions but the vast majority will.

I'm guessing there's some legal restriction, especially since amazon.ca don't seem to stock it.
  • I can tell you from experience buying from Amazon.com that it is up to each seller where they want to ship to. Some will only ship within the US, some only within north america, some worldwide (and yes on amazon.ca there are ones which only ship within canada)

Looks like you can purchase it from the second seller on this page for shipping to canada.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005N64U9I/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1320505959&sr=1-1&condition=new
  • edited November 2011
    That's not the point. Why is it available in the U.S., but not in Canada?

Seriously Telltale, this deserves a response.
  • edited November 2011
    Because not all publishers publish to everywhere and even if they do it is their expertise that decides upon which markets it will sell in and which it won't.

JP:TG isn't even coming to europe on xbox straight away as they need to find a publisher who'll do this side of the pond. It's just the way life works.
  • edited November 2011
    While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the PS3 retail game is coming to Europe anytime soon?

Cos if it's not, I'm gonna have to import it from the Ustated Nites. :)
  • edited November 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Because not all publishers publish to everywhere and even if they do it is their expertise that decides upon which markets it will sell in and which it won't.

JP:TG isn't even coming to europe on xbox straight away as they need to find a publisher who'll do this side of the pond. It's just the way life works.

Yes, but I don't believe they would publish it in the U.S. and not Canada.

Telltale - What is your response?
  • edited November 2011
    Well Telltale, it's been nearly three days and you can't even be bothered to respond.

You won't make it available for sale, and refuse to address why, even when I'm actively trying to find something to support you and give you money.

Don't want my money? Fine. Screw you.

At this point, I'll just pirate it.

If you can't even be bothered to respond, why would I buy your products?
  • edited November 2011
    Dude, freakin relax. Your previous message directed at TellTale won't GET a response yet. And do you know why? They are CLOSED. How about you wait until Monday before getting indignant and saying that you'll pirate their game?
  • edited November 2011
    Well Telltale, it's been nearly three days and you can't even be bothered to respond.

You won't make it available for sale, and refuse to address why, even when I'm actively trying to find something to support you and give you money.

Don't want my money? Fine. Screw you.

At this point, I'll just pirate it.

If you can't even be bothered to respond, why would I buy your products?

That's a pretty piss poor excuse for pirating the game. You posted on a Friday, one of the busiest days for any company as they have to get everything with business operations squared away before the weekend. Telltale isn't open on the weekend, and they won't have anyone in until at least 9 AM PST. You're being more than a little unreasonable as you've been shown a legitimate way to get it in Canada (from an Amazon seller) but yet you still insist on pirating the game. I have a feeling that was your intent from the start, and that you wished to just raise a fuss so that you could feel better about it. With everything I've said though, one thing has remained clear on this forum, that talk of piracy is not allowed. This thread should be locked shortly.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    This thread should be locked shortly.

Ooh, how about now.

Discussion of piracy is not tolerated here and earns ban time.

For future reference, I'd suggest asking questions like this in the Shopping & Activation Support forum where someone from Telltale is more likely to see them (I'd move this thread if it hadn't gone bad), or you can send an email to support@telltalegames.com.
This discussion has been closed.