New Sam&Max Orders should get TF2 items

edited November 2011 in Sam & Max
I just got into both of these amazing games. I am so flippin bad that people that who knew about the games could get the special items but not later. I know that this is normal but I am still upset. As soon I found out about the items that could be received from Night at the Inventory I bought the game. I want some items. TellTaleGames, when the new editions of the Sam&Max series come out on other platforms give the fans some of those rare itmes.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    eh, they're really nice, but at the end of the day, they're two reskins and a hat. Nothing to get worked up over. Besides, that's kind of the point of a preorder bonus. Those items were meant to only be obtained then, to entice early buyers.

If it's any consolation, valve's since changed their attitude about promotionals.
    any future game tie-ins would be craftable and droppable, if the last hundred zillion were any indication
  • edited November 2011
    Snooze you lose, I guess.
    I had to earn mine with the help of friends, because I never pre-ordered Season 3(as much as I really wanted to at the time, lack of buying online, ya know?).
  • edited November 2011
    wellgolly wrote: »
    eh, they're really nice, but at the end of the day, they're two reskins and a hat. Nothing to get worked up over. Besides, that's kind of the point of a preorder bonus. Those items were meant to only be obtained then, to entice early buyers.

If it's any consolation, valve's since changed their attitude about promotionals.
    any future game tie-ins would be craftable and droppable, if the last hundred zillion were any indication

For me, it's not the fact that I don't have the items (I wish I did, but I get what I deserve for buying late). What upsets me is really the fact that most of the people who obsess over Max's Severed Head neither know nor care about Sam and Max. That just doesn't sit well with me, I guess.

But anyway, OP, I don't think Telltale has much say in the matter. If you have an issue with TF2 items, take it up with Valve. Write a well-thought out argument on why they should be craftable and send it to Gabe Newell (yes, I know Gabe has no direct involvement with TF2, but he does read every single e-mail he gets). While it's unlikely something will happen just because you suggested it, that's pretty much all you can do.
  • edited November 2011
    how about sam's hat? or sam's suit? or Hugh bliss suit? or zombie, soul and skeleton Max's Servered Head? or even Max's Tail!
  • edited November 2011
    Lucoshi wrote: »
    how about sam's hat? or sam's suit? or Hugh bliss suit? or zombie, soul and skeleton Max's Servered Head? or even Max's Tail!

Sam's Hat was actually intended to be put into the game, but the TF2 Team had trouble getting the hat to fit on all the classes, so they scrapped it and added Max's Severed Head instead.
  • edited November 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    Sam's Hat was actually intended to be put into the game, but the TF2 Team had trouble getting the hat to fit on all the classes, so they scrapped it and added Max's Severed Head instead.

I know but to me was unfair! i mean had trouble getting the hat to fit on all the classes? Who cares if it fits or not wear it!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »

Max's head was always included. The original idea was to include a piece of headgear and a gun from each Sam and Max -- Sam's hat and the Big Kill, Max's head and the Lugermorph -- but Sam's hat wouldn't fit in a way that Valve liked, so it got knocked down to 3 items.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.