Timeline of November 12th 1955

edited November 2011 in Back to the Future
On the 56th anniversary of that day, I thought it would be fitting to do this timeline of the events of this 'junction point of the entire space-time continuum'.

There have been a lot of BTTF timelines (I myself have written a few), but to my knowledge, none which deal specifically with the numerous (and somewhat convoluted) events of this day. Its the single most eventful day in the entire trilogy...given the fact that its covered to some extent in ALL three movies!

So here goes-

NOTE: I will be referring to the Marty from BTTF1 as Marty-1, and the Marty from BTTF2 as Marty-2. Also, most of the timings are approximate...

-6:00 AM: Marty-2 and '85 Doc arrive from 1985-A. They hide the Delorean behind the Lyons Estates billboard. Marty-2 heads off into town to track down Biff.

-Morning (unknown time): Old Biff arrives from 2015. Teenage Biff collects his car from the garage and tries to force Lorraine into coming with him to the Enchantment under the Sea dance. Old Biff gives Young Biff the Almanac, with Marty-2 observing the exchange. Marty-2 then ends up locked up in Biff's garage.

-Afternoon (unknown time): Marty-1 meets up with George McFly and they together devise a scheme to make Lorraine fall in love with George by faking a fight between Marty and George.
-6:38 PM: Old Biff leaves for 2015 (actually 2015-A)

-7:00 PM (approx): '55 Doc begins to set up the 'weather experiment' in the Town Square. Marty-1 writes the letter warning '55 Doc about the attack by the Libyans. He then leaves to pick up Lorraine for the dance.

-8:00 PM (approx): Biff leaves for the Enchantment under the Sea dance, with the Almanac. Marty-2 sneaks a ride in his car. '85 Doc, while looking for Marty, wanders into the Town Square and has a conversation with '55 Doc.

-8:30 PM (approx): Marty-2 arrives at the Enchantment under the Sea dance and follows Biff around. He observes the arrival of Marty-1 with Lorraine. Strickland takes what appears to be the Almanac from Biff. Marty follows Strickland, passing by the Packard with Marty-1 and Lorraine.

-9:00 PM: Marty-2 discovers the Almanac Strickland had was a decoy. Lorraine kisses Marty-1 and feels its 'all wrong'. Biff shows up, has his henchmen lock up Marty-1 in the trunk of the Starlighter's car and then tries to rape Lorraine. George punches Biff out. Marty-2 steals the Almanac from the unconcious Biff. Marty-1 discovers that the photograph of his siblings is still fading and his existence is still in danger.

-Marty-1 plays 'Earth Angel'. George and Lorraine nearly don't kiss and Marty-1 is nearly erased from existence, but then they do kiss and he recovers. Marty-2 is chased into the hall by Biff's goons.

-9:28 PM: Marty-1 plays Johnny Be Goode. Biff's goons plan to nail Marty-1 when he gets off stage. Marty-2 sandbags Biff's goons. Marty-2 then observes Marty-1 as the latter says goodbye to George and Lorraine. Biff confronts Marty-2. Marty-1 knocks out Marty-2 as he runs out the door. Biff takes back the Almanac.

-9:44 PM (approx): Marty-2 and '85 Doc chase Biff. Marty steals back the Almanac from Biff. Biff crashes into the manure truck. Marty burns the Almanac, erasing the alternate 1985. '85 Doc gets struck by lightning and sent back to 1885. The Western Union man arrives with Doc's 70 year old letter.

-9:50 PM (approx): Marty-1 arrives at the Town's Square. '55 Doc discovers the letter and tears it up. '55 Doc has to climb up the Clock Tower to reconnect the cables while Marty-1 resets the time circuits to return 10 minutes earlier to save Doc in '85. He begins the drive towards the cables.

-10:04 PM: Lightning strikes the Clock Tower and Marty-1 is transported to 1985. Marty-2 arrives in the Town Square and sends '55 Doc into a shock.
-Marty-2 drives '55 Doc back home. He then sets '85 Doc's letter by the fireplace for drying and goes to sleep.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.