Back to the Future 3D animated film

edited November 2011 in Back to the Future
I just watched the new Tintin film yesterday and I feel that this new motion-capture technology allows for a brilliant mix between live action and animation! Watching the movie got me thinking...could it be possible to do a Back to the Future movie in the same vein!

The designs could be somewhat similar to that of the game...maybe a bit more life-like. And the effects would have to be nothing short of brilliant...but I feel it can be done.

Now I know Bob Gale has categorically stated there will never be a Back to the Future 4...but this wouldn't really be a 'sequel' to the trilogy in a true sense but a standalone animated movie in its own right.

As far as plot goes...I feel they could actually adapt the story of the game...and of course streamline it a bit so it fits into around 2 hours...or maybe 2 hours 15 minutes at most!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    i dont want to be a kill joy, BUT THAT IS NEVER GOING TO F**KING HAPPEN
  • edited November 2011
    I find it funny that you didn't mention that Robert Zemeckis the director of all three Back to the Future films also directed A Christmas Carol, Beowulf, and The Polar Express three films that went for photo realistic animation.

Also Tin Tin doesn't come out in theaters here until late December :(
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I find it funny that you didn't mention that Robert Zemeckis the director of all three Back to the Future films also directed A Christmas Carol, Beowulf, and The Polar Express three films that went for photo realistic animation.

Also Tin Tin doesn't come out in theaters here until late December :(

ImageMovers Digital (Zemeckis' motion-capture studio) has since shut down, though. Probably for the best, since their next movie was going to be a Yellow Submarine remake.

Anyway, the main reason there won't be a BttF sequel is because Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's affects his ability to act. You might think an animated movie is the answer, but those motion-capture movies require as much filming as a live-action movie does.
  • edited November 2011
    ImageMovers Digital (Zemeckis' motion-capture studio) has since shut down, though. Probably for the best, since their next movie was going to be a Yellow Submarine remake.

Anyway, the main reason there won't be a BttF sequel is because Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's affects his ability to act. You might think an animated movie is the answer, but those motion-capture movies require as much filming as a live-action movie does.

Yeah but somebody else could do the physical acting, and then they could put in MJF's recorded voice. Not saying it's a good idea, but they could definitely do it. That's part of what makes the technology so creepy.

I would love a new Beatles movie by the way but a Yellow Submarine remake just seemed too redundant. A lice-action fiction film using actors playing the Beatles as characters, something falling in the spectrum between A Hard Day's Night and Help! would be cool, really. Hard to explain, but cool.
  • edited November 2011
    Besides, its not necessary for Michael J Fox to be Marty's voice actor...he could certainly do a cameo like he did in the Game though.
  • edited November 2011
    I have no doubt that CGI animated films in the same manner like Tintin can work if given to a competent team of artists.

However, Tintin also teaches us if the screenplay is messy then the art design doesn't matter.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.