Fizzball

edited January 2012 in Sam & Max
So, I played fizzball for the first time last night. Best. Sport. Ever. If anybody in the Fort Wayne or Plymouth Indiana area would be interested in playing, inform me and we'll set something up.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I'd love to play it sometime. If only I had friends who were interested in Sam and Max. Or friends. :(

Is it safe to play, though? The whole beer can shrapnel thing does seem like kind of an issue.
  • edited November 2011
    Is it safe to play, though? The whole beer can shrapnel thing does seem like kind of an issue.

You could always find out where the Mythbusters source their plexi shields. :D
  • edited November 2011

The danger is half of the fun!
  • edited November 2011
    I'd love to play it sometime. If only I had friends who were interested in Sam and Max. Or friends. :(

When I played it, I only got like 2 small scratches on the back of my left hand. How far away do you live?
    However, today I became friends with Steve Purcell on Facebook, so I can get the Word Of God on the level of danger and might also be able to get a bigger move list from him.

Also, real men don't use head protection.
  • edited November 2011
    Me and my mates played Fizzball once.
    Was a lot of fun, minus a few scrapes here and there.
  • edited November 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    Me and my mates played Fizzball once.
    Was a lot of fun, minus a few scrapes here and there.

Oh, come on! You know the scrapes and cuts are the best part :D
    I say that all the Sam and Max fans we can gather should pick a time and have a massive game of fizzball somewhere, then meet up somewhere afterwards in our Desotos and watch the tv series if one of the people attending owns it! And eat Fudgsicles (Fudgie Freeze), we could see about making something that looks like weasel-on-a-stick, and have doughnuts and all the other things they enjoy eating. Sam is my favorite character. I envy that appetite, and also the fact that I will probably never be lucky enough to have a relationship like theirs.
  • edited November 2011
    Thought I'd put up a picture of me brandishing my "Fizzclub", aka the axe handle.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/37892855@N00/6353198393/in/photostream
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone in the general Indiana area up for a game of Fizzball sometime this week? I guarantee that it maybe won't kill you.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Pics or it didn't happen! :D :D
  • edited December 2011
    Can't take pics of the future now, can I? I'm saying I'm going to be having a Fizzball match later this week and was inviting all who live close by to come.
  • edited January 2012
    If I ever played Fizzball, I would probably wear safety goggles. I don't want to be "a goddam pansy" but I'm fine with fragmentation scratching up my arms and hands, not so much my eye. Because if I go blind, how would I play Sam and Max Season 4?
  • edited January 2012
    If I ever played Fizzball, I would probably wear safety goggles. I don't want to be "a goddam pansy" but I'm fine with fragmentation scratching up my arms and hands, not so much my eye. Because if I go blind, how would I play Sam and Max Season 4?

Should I tell them? Should I explain it? Ok. You do get that Steve vastly overstated the dangerousness of the game for comedic effect, right? The most danger you would be in is maybe a scratch on your hand. Unless, of course, you played like we did: with firecrackers and bottle rockets duct taped to the cans! :D
  • edited January 2012
    lovetodo22 wrote: »
    Should I tell them? Should I explain it? Ok. You do get that Steve vastly overstated the dangerousness of the game for comedic effect, right? The most danger you would be in is maybe a scratch on your hand. Unless, of course, you played like we did: with firecrackers and bottle rockets duct taped to the cans! :D

Out of curiosity, did anyone get hit by a line drive?
  • edited January 2012
    Thankfully no. But somebody did get a rather large portion of the can embedded into the fleshy portion between the thumb and pointer.
  • edited January 2012
    lovetodo22 wrote: »

I know, but you never know, one unfortunate beer explosion, and you no longer have use of your eyes.
  • edited January 2012
    I know, but you never know, one unfortunate beer explosion, and you no longer have use of your eyes.

Okay, then. You can use the goggles, meanwhile everyone else will be avoiding being a goddam pansy.:p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.