A grave tragedy

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
The Max crossbones hat I ordered just arrived today. It doesn't fit my head (not even a third of the way down) on the highest setting. My enormous head is officially ruining my life.

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    Sorry about that, but hey Maybe its not about your head size but because your head is not shaped like a fishbowl :D
  • edited May 2007
    While we're talking about sizing. When is the shop ever going to get XXL sizes? It's not like internet users are known for their lean fit bods.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    I'm sorry your hat doesn't fit well. :( Last summer I went on a solo trip to Tahoe and bought my boyfriend a really nice hat, and it doesn't fit his head. I was bummed (probably more than he was!)

Regarding XXL shirts - we might add them someday if we think there is enough demand. We'll be selling shirts at Comic-Con and PAX this year, and I'm going to pay attention to how many people ask for them. :D (We did have one request at APE.)
  • edited May 2007
    I hear that Max himself had the very same probem. The hat has been ripped to threads and Sam has been calling him Melon Head ever since.
  • edited May 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    my boyfriend

Awww, dang. -sniff- :(
  • edited May 2007
    I have trouble with baseball hats so I never bother buying them. I just accept it. They never fit. I do have this one hat I always wear that I guess you could call a baseball hat, and it fits perfectly. I should stock up.

I remember ordering a P.O.D. baseball hat that I thought was the best thing ever years ago and when I got it it didn't fit at all and it was one of those non-adjustable ones. I just moved on and accepted the fact that I'd never get to wear one of those cool hats like everyone else in high school...
    It was a test of the human spirit.
  • edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Awww, dang. -sniff- :(

:rolleyes:
  • edited May 2007
    I haven't worn a hat in years (not since I played baseball), but I just couldn't resist this one. And... now... *sigh* WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!?

It's all my parents' fault. Two large-headed lunatics should NOT MATE. Obviously the crazy gene was recessive, but that darned big-headed one...
  • edited May 2007
    I as well am not known for being able to wear your average sized hat. What is it about Sam & Max that attracts us big headed freaks? :p
  • edited May 2007
    Big heads mean big brains:)
  • edited May 2007
    They should get flexfit caps they are the best..
  • edited May 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    I as well am not known for being able to wear your average sized hat. What is it about Sam & Max that attracts us big headed freaks? :p

Our larger then average brain volume. ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Pfffft! It's all air, I say :P

--Erwin
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007

Someone at APE almost had that problem as well. He said that he can never find hats that fit his enormous head, but then he was able to wear the Sam & Max hat, and was really happy. I saw him wearing it around on the show floor for the rest of the expo. Maybe it actually didn't fit all that well but his two decade-long love of Sam & Max blinded him to that fact.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Or maybe APE makes your head shrink?
  • edited May 2007
    While we're talking about sizing. When is the shop ever going to get XXL sizes? It's not like internet users are known for their lean fit bods.

Since I'm probably not gonna make it to comic con I figured I'd just let my cry for XXL shirts to be heard.
  • edited May 2007
    I thought everything that was sold on APE was made to fit a monkey?
  • edited May 2007

Which also suggests a bigger distance between the cerebral hemispheres, which suggests a slightly slower pace at thought processing...

...or something.

Anyway, any chance we can get bigger caps, bigger t-shirts and maybe even a Sam-Fedora-like hat? :D
  • edited May 2007
    Fedora, eh? Like your sig says, don't count on it MrSneeze... :P
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    I haven't seen the hats to know if this is possible, but you could replace the adjuster in the back with a bigger piece of coordinating elastic that expanded more. If you know someone who sews, they could look at it and see if it's possible.

Edit: I remembered another thread where someone was asking about hats and I found the picture. The strap in back goes into a pocket. You could even just free up one end and add some sort of extender and sew it back in. Just some ideas. :)
  • edited May 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    I haven't seen the hats to know if this is possible, but you could replace the adjuster in the back with a bigger piece of coordinating elastic that expanded more. If you know someone who sews, they could look at it and see if it's possible.

Edit: I remembered another thread where someone was asking about hats and I found the picture. The strap in back goes into a pocket. You could even just free up one end and add some sort of extender and sew it back in. Just some ideas. :)

I'm sad to say.

Even after I completely unraveled the strap.

The hat doesn't come close to fitting.

Well, it sort-of does, but only like a visor.

I don't think my neurologist was kidding when he said I had the largest head he'd ever measured.
  • edited May 2007

Also, big heads mean great stereo-perception, since the ears are further apart from each other. Or was it better smell, because of the large nostrils!?:confused:

Anyways, I would also like to put in my vote for the fedora and the XXL shirts.
  • edited May 2007
    wrpdmnd wrote: »
    I don't think my neurologist was kidding when he said I had the largest head he'd ever measured.

If the cap doesn't fit the head, maybe you should try making the head fit the cap!
    Wow, I'm a genius!:D

Try using shrink-on plastic around your head. It did wonders to me, except for the headaches, that is.:eek:
  • edited May 2007
    Just the top, though. If you shrink wrap your face, that could be problematic.
  • edited May 2007
    Just the top, though. If you shrink wrap your face, that could be problematic.

Well, you should poke holes in the plastic where the oxygen is supposed to go in, of course.:D

Gee, I hope nobody is actually going to try this lame idea of mine, or this could turn into one of those 'poodle-in-the-microwave' stories!:eek:
  • edited May 2007
    Smollie wrote: »
    Gee, I hope nobody is actually going to try this lame idea of mine, or this could turn into one of those 'poodle-in-the-microwave' stories!:eek:

As far as I'm concerned, if someone is that dumb they earned it. ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Real men microwave hamsters.
  • edited May 2007
    As far as I'm concerned, if someone is that dumb they earned it. ;)

Well, I don't know if you ever watched Jackass?
    Need I say more?:rolleyes:
  • edited May 2007
    Real men microwave hamsters.

And be sure to punch a hole in your hamster, or else it will explode!
  • edited May 2007
    Smollie wrote: »
    And be sure to punch a hole in your hamster, or else it will explode!

Hey! Microwaving hamsters is really mean! :mad:
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007

It's mean but...
    they were probably referencing Day of the Tentacle.
  • edited May 2007

... And dangerous, if you give the hamster corpse to Weird Ed (Al?) you might end up being nothing less then a gravestone. (True story).
  • edited May 2007
    Ah, nothing like a little Maniac Mansion nostalgia, eh?
  • edited May 2007
    wrpdmnd wrote: »
    I'm sad to say.

Even after I completely unraveled the strap.

The hat doesn't come close to fitting.

Well, it sort-of does, but only like a visor.

I have to admit after reading all of wrpdmnd's posts about the hat not fitting and having the biggest head ever, wrpdmnd has really piqued my curiosity, I really want to see the freakishly large head, please post pictures of your head, it would make me happy and satiate my lust for seeing all that is bizarre and freakish.
  • edited May 2007
    I honestly don't keep photos. It was never a hobby of mine, so now the newest photo I have is my ID. Next newest is a school photo from when I was 11.

Anyway, I ended up giving it to my Brother as a gift. He likes Max a lot, so it seems fine.
  • edited May 2007
    I would have bought a mannequin head for the hat and then stuck like x-ray glasses on it for display. *nods*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.