LEGO DeLorean time machine

edited December 2011 in Back to the Future
thumb640x360.jpg

Hi, I'm masashi.
Im a creator of LEGO DeLorean.

Please support my project on CUUSOO website!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/96

I need 10000vote.
If it achieves, it will be as official product.

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

Thank you for your support!

Masashi

Comments

• edited November 2011
    m.togami wrote: »
    I need 10000vote.
    If it achieves, it will be as official product.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that LEGO would shell out for a BttF license just to produce a single, small kit.

Good effort otherwise (Although I would love to see a larger, Technic version, but that's just me).
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe that LEGO would shell out for a BttF license just to produce a single, small kit.

Good effort otherwise (Although I would love to see a larger, Technic version, but that's just me).

If the delorean DOES sell. Then LEGO would probably make a clock tower and a Hill Valley park.
  • edited November 2011
    As much as I would like a lego bttf theres no way it will happen because lego only choose new films or films which have had a sequal recently.
  • edited November 2011
    If the delorean DOES sell. Then LEGO would probably make a clock tower and a Hill Valley park.

In the even that they do get a BttF license, yes, they would most likely create such scenic playsets. Time-travelling train, anyone?

I still have my doubts that it would be produced; LEGO probably has some legalese in the competition agreement that would allow them to pass on your model, even if you actually won the competition, which I think is intended more for original models and ideas than proposing licenses--they probably want something original that they can immediately take ownership of and sell without jumping through monetary hoops just to placate a few fans.
  • edited November 2011
    I would love to build this for myself. Can I have some instructions?
  • edited November 2011
    Wow I just saw that the offical lego cuusoo sent you a message saying they might make it for the 30th anniversary of bttf... Wow that's just... Heavy :eek::eek::eek:
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    In the even that they do get a BttF license, yes, they would most likely create such scenic playsets. Time-travelling train, anyone?

I still have my doubts that it would be produced; LEGO probably has some legalese in the competition agreement that would allow them to pass on your model, even if you actually won the competition, which I think is intended more for original models and ideas than proposing licenses--they probably want something original that they can immediately take ownership of and sell without jumping through monetary hoops just to placate a few fans.

they made a time travel train already.... It was the late 90s when i was a kid. Not a Back to the future set but there own version of Time travel guys.
  • edited December 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    they made a time travel train already.... It was the late 90s when i was a kid. Not a Back to the future set but there own version of Time travel guys.

True, they had a Time Cruisers series, but it didn't have anything to do with BttF, nor the prospect of them possibly producing licensed BttF sets. The Time Cruisers models were obviously completely original, and the fact that there was a time-travelling train is either coincidence or a very loose homage covered up by the inclusion of a time-travelling boat and airplane.
  • edited December 2011
    Lego did managed in making a Vic Viper kit a few months ago, though it was homage to a Lego fan who had made Vic viper customs before he passed away. However, I am sure the official kit is changed enough not to break any copyright laws
Sign in to comment in this discussion.