spielberg references

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
so i just finished the game and i gotta say <w< did anyone else notice some spielberg references like i kept hearing some sound from E.T. in the bg music and in episode 4
when you type in the code for the elevator sounded like the music from close encounters of the third kind

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I noticed in episode 3 when
    Harding has the raptor closed on the other side of the door and mentions there's no lock
    , the camera angle and pan up to reveal
    the raptor in the window exactly mimics Grant similarly holding a raptor behind an unlockable door in the movie.
  • edited November 2011
    I noticed in episode 3 when
    Harding has the raptor closed on the other side of the door and mentions there's no lock
    , the camera angle and pan up to reveal
    the raptor in the window exactly mimics Grant similarly holding a raptor behind an unlockable door in the movie.

I wished they made a fogging-up-the-window effect for that...
  • edited November 2011
    I must say I'm surprised there wasn't a jaws reference in the underwater parts. Unless I missed it.

Still the underwater parts were so tense I think adding a Jaws reference would have just ruined it.

Actually, thinking about it we may have got one close up on someone's mask like Stephen did with Hooper's character in Jaws, as well as some Spielberg shots
    when Nima went into the cage
  • edited November 2011
    There are some T-Rex animations that were clearly based on scenes from the movie, like the "chewing up the lawyer" one, found 1:1 in episode 4 (but then again the movies probably provide the most convincing animation references for dinosaur movement).
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Spielberg references in a game based on a Spielberg movie?? Get OUT!

:D

Actually, there are a lot of more subtle cinematic stylings that were inspired by Spielberg. I mean, we want you to think "Telltale Game" but we also want you to feel "Spielberg Movie."

Some homage director trademarks I can think of in the game...
    Characters jumping into motion without waiting for the plan.
    Signs that telegraph action in the scene or mock the characters.
    Nice meaty Ben Burtt style punching sound effects.
  • edited November 2011
    This may not be a Spielberg reference, but I swear the mountain during the speech Nima gives in Episode 4 was the exact duplicate of the Paramount mountain, which in tern could be a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark?
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    This may not be a Spielberg reference, but I swear the mountain during the speech Nima gives in Episode 4 was the exact duplicate of the Paramount mountain, which in tern could be a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Hah! I'll have to ask our art team about that.
  • edited November 2011
    during the night scene with Nima and Gerry there was a short glimpse of the moon for a few frames where you could actually see the flying bike and ET passing by......

• edited November 2011
    There was dialogue copied exactly from the first film into the game. Sometimes it was a bit too obvious (though that might be the case for fans of the films, rather than the more casual players.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.