X-BOX 360 Wired controller not working

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
I have the game and it works fine with the mouse and keyboard but when I goto use the gamepad it never works? Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I had a similar issues with my wireless Xbox 360 controller. I exited the game, then reconnected the controller before reopening the game. I also went to the Controls option from the main menu and changed the controller input from mouse to gamepad. Also, please note that the main menu only works with the mouse. Good luck!
  • edited November 2011
    That's strange.. I use a wired Xbox controller too and it works great... Are you sure you switched the controls to controller and not mouse and keyboard?
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    That's strange.. I use a wired Xbox controller too and it works great... Are you sure you switched the controls to controller and not mouse and keyboard?

Same, although with the compliant Telltale games, I've always had to plug the controller in before launching the game or it wont work.
  • edited November 2011
    Hmm I guess mine is always plugged in..
  • edited November 2011
    It's a common problem with Wired X360 Controllers, it's always safest to plug it in prior to launching the game because sometime the game does not detect it in game. Plugging it prior ensures your computer will detect it.
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    Same, although with the compliant Telltale games, I've always had to plug the controller in before launching the game or it wont work.

Same here although I always plug it in before I launch any sort of game to avoid this very issue.
  • edited November 2011
    I have the same issue with the wireless 360 controller, if I haven't turned the controller on before starting any game, it won't recognize that the controller exists.
  • edited December 2011
    martymcfly wrote: »
    Also, please note that the main menu only works with the mouse. Good luck!

That kinda sucks =(
  • edited December 2011
    I have the same issue with the wireless 360 controller, if I haven't turned the controller on before starting any game, it won't recognize that the controller exists.

As someone who went through a+ cert training, This sounds like it has to do with how windows handles the USB driver. Really not much that can be done if that's the case. If you want best case scenario just plug in your gamepad before starting up your pc.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.