Refactor the steam game to a single game like jurassic park (currently split in 5)

edited November 2011 in Back to the Future
It would be great if this were listed as one game with a simple main menu, just like jurassic park.

All 5 episodes share the same menu anyway. It would be really nice if you could just pick which episode to play from that menu, instead of having 5 separate game listings.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    jMachine wrote: »
    It would be great if this were listed as one game with a simple main menu, just like jurassic park.

All 5 episodes share the same menu anyway. It would be really nice if you could just pick which episode to play from that menu, instead of having 5 separate game listings.

Thanks!

I think that's only with the retail versions.
  • edited November 2011
    The installer from the game DVD uses 1 launcher.
  • edited November 2011
    Telltale split BTTF like that because of the way it was released(one episode per month) while Jurassic Park was released all at once. That's why its like that, and I don't think they can simply remove 4 steam games(it counts as 4 more games) and add them to one.

They could, but I don't know for sure if they can.
  • edited November 2011
    wait, so on steam, were the episodes ever on sale individually? I thought they were not...
  • edited November 2011
    wait, so on steam, were the episodes ever on sale individually? I thought they were not...

actually I think BTTF on Steam is the sold as one after looking at it on the Steam store. I think you pay for it all at once but the episodes are individual installs.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    actually I think BTTF on Steam is the sold as one after looking at it on the Steam store. I think you pay for it all at once but the episodes are individual installs.

This is correct.
  • edited November 2011
    precisely- they should change it to a single install, just like they have it set up with Jurassic Park.
  • edited November 2011
    precisely- they should change it to a single install, just like they have it set up with Jurassic Park.

No. They shouldn't. It wouldn't work with the episode format they used like with the TBC at the end.
  • edited November 2011

This wouldn't work as there is currently credits after each episode. It would take a lot of restructuring and time they don't have. It's not nearly as simple as you would think.
  • edited November 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    This wouldn't work as there is currently credits after each episode. It would take a lot of restructuring and time they don't have. It's not nearly as simple as you would think.

It's making me cautious as far as buying other Telltale products. If I buy a season of sam and max, for example, do I have 20 different games listed now?

I don't see why the credits can't roll, and then you end up back in the main menu. It still seems to me that it wouldn't take much work. I'd hate to see other games get released as 5 or more when it's really one.
  • edited November 2011
    It's making me cautious as far as buying other Telltale products. If I buy a season of sam and max, for example, do I have 20 different games listed now?

I don't see why the credits can't roll, and then you end up back in the main menu. It still seems to me that it wouldn't take much work. I'd hate to see other games get released as 5 or more when it's really one.

It may seem that way to you, but in reality it takes a lot of time to splice everything together into one game. Time in the industry equals money, and at this point are they really going to recoup the money this would cost them considering the games have pretty much run their course already?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.