Odd Release Dates

2»

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I guess that Telltale didn't count that the game(s) would be as good as it/they bacame, and didn't think anybody might like the game(s) so much that they would actually care about those 2 weeks...
    Wait, doesn't I like it that much? :o
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    I guess that Telltale didn't count that the game(s) would be as good as it/they bacame, and didn't think anybody might like the game(s) so much that they would actually care about those 2 weeks...
    Wait, doesn't I like it that much? :o
    Some of us like the games so much that we have both GameTap and the season pre-order.:cool:
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    GameTap only doesn't make sense since that limits TT's products only to the US and Canada.
    If the numbers show that 99% of the folks that bought S&M through TT are there, then maybe. But I suspect a lot of buyers are outside GameTap's coverage area.
    Besides GameTap rents the game, you can't own a copy of it. And lots of people even want a physical copy.

A good deal would be reducing the exclusivity period from 15 days to 5-7 days for season ticket owners
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    We know some people hate the GameTap arrangement. There's no need to keep rehashing the same argument. Point taken, and then some. :D
  • edited May 2007
    how about my question? Were TTG's original plans to only release sam & max : season 1 on gametap? :)
  • edited May 2007
    marsan wrote: »
    how about my question? Were TTG's original plans to only release sam & max : season 1 on gametap? :)

We wouldn't let them get away with that. ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    I dont know if that was ever the plan, but at least starting when both Emily and I got here (last March), the plan we were told always included selling it from Telltale's site in some capacity, independent of a GameTap subscription. Given that GameTap is US/Canada only, there's a pretty hefty percent of the globe unaccounted for if the games were GameTap only.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, some of the early messaging was a little confusing, but I don't think that was ever the plan.
  • edited May 2007
    This is madness! And I was told it was delayed!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.