A Sam & Max cameo/allusion no one seemed to notice.

edited November 2011 in Sam & Max
Been reading Rocket Raccoon recently and on issue #3, well I noticed something familiar (Pic below)

So how come the cameo? RR Issue #3 was released on 1985, 2 years before Sam & Max #1. Steve did'nt work on the comic either (I think... since the first page doesn't mention him)

What do you guys think?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Sharp eye.

And Steve did some (sadly, as of yet not collected) strips for his college, so I'm thinking maybe a college friend of Steve's?

Thanks to RAnthonyMahan, what I suspected is true. It was one of Steve's friends.
  • edited November 2011
    lovetodo22 wrote: »
    Sharp eye.

And Steve did the Adventurer strips for his college, so I'm thinking maybe a college friend of Steve's?

This is right but they weren't the Adventurer strips they were made for the Lucas Arts newsletter The Adventurer when he was working there. The ones college newsletter were earlier. Is the comic illustrated by Art Adams?
  • edited November 2011
    I'll give it a check.

Edit: No, not really.
  • edited November 2011
    Nice find!

Also, it appears that issue was drawn by Mike Mignola (best known as the creator of Hellboy). He was a friend of Steve's in college (and even helped invent Fizzball!), so the cameo's not too big a surprise.

For the record, Steve's own Marvel work is limited to this cover:

Marvel_Comics_Presents_Vol_1_41.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Wolverine shouldn't even have to fight a shark. It'd take one chomp and break all its teeth off on his adamantium skeleton.

Of course, then other sharks would smell his blood in the water and it would repeat itself and he'd probably end up getting chomped on by many many sharks...
  • edited November 2011
    For the record, Steve's own Marvel work is limited to this cover:

Marvel_Comics_Presents_Vol_1_41.jpg

That CANT be by Steve Purcell.

There's no rats in it

(I joke of course)

But for serious: OBJECTION!

Unless a lot of those are a different Steve Purcell
  • edited November 2011
    OMG that Sam and Max cameo is so awesome!
  • edited November 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    That CANT be by Steve Purcell.

There's no rats in it

(I joke of course)

But for serious: OBJECTION!

Unless a lot of those are a different Steve Purcell

Huh. I stand corrected. It's kind of weird to think of Steve doing more mainstream superhero stuff since I associate him so much with Sam and Max.

Also, here's Superman holding a demon baby. (Pic's too big to post directly.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.