Fudgie Freeze Recipe?

edited December 2011 in Sam & Max
In the third season, Sam references that it is a combination of carob balls, fudge, and ice cream. If somebody can figure out how to make Fudgie Freeze and put up pics and a recipe, I would theoretically love them forever.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Well, I know I had carob chips when I was younger. Heck, when school finishes next week I'll try and make some.
  • edited November 2011
    Danke. I think I just found my new favorite person ever!!! :D
  • edited November 2011
    Carob balls in particular are a real thing- it's a dessert made from honey and powdered carob. They actually sound pretty good.

I plan to make some homemade mini carob balls, and mix them with vanilla ice cream, freezing them into pop shapes. After they've hardened, I'll dip them in chocolate.
  • edited November 2011
    In the words of Sam, "Om nom nom nom nom nom, you know how I get whenever I get a Fudgie Freeze in my hand"
  • edited November 2011
    If this experiment is a success, I know what I'm going to make next.
  • edited November 2011
    Searching keywords fudge, carob and ice-cream on Google comes up with a vegan recipe forum with carob fudge pudding or ice cream but it has some pretty un-Sam and Max ingredients like fresh fruit and vegetables. You could try looking for a recipe for carob based ice cream and give it a chocolate flavour.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm going to go for a cookie dough ice cream style filling- trading in the cookie dough balls for carob balls, and coat it in hard chocolate. Maybe I'll marble it like Ben and Jerry's Half Baked- half cookie dough ice cream (with the carob balls mixed in) and half fudge ice cream with brownie bits. Still coated in chocolate.

Because chocolate coating makes everything taste better. EVERYTHING.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm going to go for a cookie dough ice cream style filling- trading in the cookie dough balls for carob balls, and coat it in hard chocolate. Maybe I'll marble it like Ben and Jerry's Half Baked- half cookie dough ice cream (with the carob balls mixed in) and half fudge ice cream with brownie bits. Still coated in chocolate.

Because chocolate coating makes everything taste better. EVERYTHING.

You are quite literally my culinary hero. Know that you are making a bachelor's diet that much more epic by doing this. When you get done, PLEASE post pics, recipe, and technique.
  • edited November 2011
    Searching keywords fudge, carob and ice-cream on Google comes up with a vegan recipe forum with carob fudge pudding or ice cream but it has some pretty un-Sam and Max ingredients like fresh fruit and vegetables. You could try looking for a recipe for carob based ice cream and give it a chocolate flavour.

You could use those orange marshmallow peanuts, I think they're a vegetable! :cool:
  • edited December 2011
    now piazza is a vegetable and the funny fling is true is stranger vane fiction
  • edited December 2011
    kane wrote: »
    now piazza is a vegetable and the funny fling is true is stranger vane fiction

I was actually quoting the Sam and Max On The Road comic.
  • edited December 2011
    lovetodo22 wrote: »
    I was actually quoting the Sam and Max On The Road comic.

True, but he has a point there.

Man, I really feel like trying to make a fudgie freeze now, but the only ice cream I have is Eggnog and Peppermint.

Both are really by the way, but I don't want to risk wasting good Eggnog ice cream.
  • edited December 2011
    why dues the comic idea sound more possible and it sam and max....why
  • edited December 2011
    kane wrote: »
    why dues the comic idea sound more possible and it sam and max....why

What are YOU talking about?: Sam and Max was obviously based on a true story. :p

Ice cream is a lot easier to make when you're probably hiding a cow.

Any further updates on the creation front?
  • edited December 2011
    Hey divisionten,
    How goes the Fudgie Freeze making? Have you done it yet, and if so: pictures!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't had the chance. I have the ingredients but because it is winter, I can't find the pop mold I need. Why must the grocery store think its a seasonal item?!
  • edited December 2011
    Am I the only person to think the really weird thing about Sam's favourite snack is that it has *two* sticks?

(Mind you, that's double the rotten jokes, I suppose).
  • edited December 2011
    Any progress?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.