Episode 6 Goof * SPOILERS *

jmmjmm
edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
I just noticed than on the credits, the DeSoto has the US logo and not the Canadian one.

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I noticed a few bugs, still didn't detract from the pure awesomeness though.
  • edited May 2007
    Not a glitch, but perhaps an oversight. When on the moon, and Sam whacks Max into the air, Max should really stay airborn for a much longer time (though the 15+ seconds I would expect is probably too long - 10 perhaps?)
  • edited May 2007
    On the other hand, I love it that there's a longer than normal delay between firing a bullet and hearing the impact when firing at the satellite or at Earth from the Moon. So for every goof there is a tiny detail they really paid attention to.
  • edited May 2007
    Yeah, I noticed the bullet delay too. I had a little fun shooting at things just to see the how long it would take to hit them. :p Little side benefit of being rendered fully in 3D. :D
  • edited May 2007
    I was really disappointed that there wasn't a special reaction or line of dialogue for shooting at the Earth, even if it was just a very distant-sounding repeat of what you get firing out of the office window.
  • edited May 2007
    A possible glitch I noticed, although it may not have been one - when looking at the Magazines in Bosco's, Max comments on not infringing copyright for two of the magazines (Rabble & Fiz? & Judge and Jury) and my thought would be that the Judge & Jury magazine should have had a different line...

Of course, Max's comment about the puzzle book was priceless :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    That's a joke, man. The joke being that "Judge & Jury" are characters... er nevermind.
  • edited May 2007
    When I was playing, I got a red herring hint. I was in Sybil's office when I asked Sam how I might get the Spoon Talisman out of the gift shop. Max replied that I'd need to get a mule, then looked at Sybil for a second or two, then turned back.

I spent a LONG time trying to figure out how to get Sybil to the moon. As it turns out, Max just turns left when he says the line, and we happened to be standing in a bad spot at the time.
  • edited May 2007
    There's a bug in Sybil's where talking to her often repeats the "opening" dialogue. This also happens after Max has been cured (he'll suddenly go "bliss" again) as the same conversation is repeated.
  • edited May 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    I just noticed than on the credits, the DeSoto has the US logo and not the Canadian one.

I must have missed something, why would it have the Canadian seal? Max is President of the US, it is Sybil that is Queen of Canada.
  • edited May 2007
    Because
    they sold the US to Canada
    . If you look carefully after you've done that puzzle, the DeSoto has the Canadian seal instead.
  • edited May 2007
    Yeah, we noticed that one slightly too late to fix it before the game shipped :(
  • edited May 2007
    Maybe the Canadian seal was just a sticker which slowly peeled off. :D
  • edited May 2007
    There's a bug in Sybil's where talking to her often repeats the "opening" dialogue. This also happens after Max has been cured (he'll suddenly go "bliss" again) as the same conversation is repeated.

Actually, I don't think anyone else has mentioned this. Did anyone else see this bug? Sometimes when you go to Sybil, the "opening" dialogue is repeating and Sam & Max play dumb about knowing she's Queen. This can even happen later, after
    the world's "Blissification" and you've cured Max
    , the opening dialogue is repeated and Max is
    blissed out again, even though he's completely cured - it's very odd!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    Maybe the Canadian seal was just a sticker which slowly peeled off. :D

That's exactly what happened!!! Thanks for providing this convenient excuse.
  • edited May 2007
    Or maybe they "convinced" Sybil to give it back for $300 after de-hypnotizing her, meaning a $99,999,999,700 profit for the US.
  • edited May 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Yeah, we noticed that one slightly too late to fix it before the game shipped :(

You should all be shot.. I knew you guys would ruin sam & max!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.