The lost episodes

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
Hello

Im a huge purcell fan but never happened to tape the sam & max show myself .Used to watch it alot though hehe. Anyway after buying the 3 vhs set there are quite a few episodes missing and I would really love to complete my collection if its possible.
Please please let me know if anyone knows where to obtain those lost episodes

6 "The Friend for Life" November 1, 1997
9 "A Glitch in Time" November 1, 1997 . . .
12 "Christmas Bloody Christmas" December 20, 1997
13 "It's Dangly Deever Time" February 6, 1998 . . .
15 "The Glazed McGuffin Affair" February 13, 1998 . . .
18 "Tonight We Love" February 13, 1998 . . .
22 "Fools Die on Friday"
24 "The Final Episode" April 25, 1998 . . .

I think that covers it. These were aired but never made and sold to the public But should be! Please please let me know how I can attain them to complete the collection!

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I forgot to add that there are 30-60 second clips that showed at the end of the cartoons. I have one recorded with a how to make the max hand puppet with a paper bag... this is shown in sam & max's office on the bulletin board.
    Anyway Im looking to get as many of those 1 minute clips too. Ive only seen the one I have recorded.

Steve
  • edited May 2007
    Well, those episodes are on Gametap. But you have to subscribe to it to see them. Those short clips you mention aren't on there, however. I've never heard of them until now.
  • edited May 2007
    I haven't looked lately, but I wouldn't be surprised if some/all of those episodes are still on Youtube. Probably poor quality, but not too much worse than VHS ;)

There's an extension for firefox called Getvideo which lets you save .flv files from YouTube, and then you can use some complicated video conversion program to make them into something you can burn to DVD.

I wonder if they'll make an official DVD available at some point? I can see some logic to keeping it "exclusive" to GameTap, but I'd assume they'd make more money if they could charge people $30 to buy the series.
  • edited May 2007
    I know there's a torrent going around with all the VHS episodes on it, not to mention that I've seen several of those eps posted on YouTube
  • edited May 2007
    I have Christmas, bloody Christmas, The glazed Mcguffin Affair and a glitch in time, but they're all bad quality

Oh and i have One of the 3 shorts
  • edited May 2007
    The missing episodes are on gametap? I was told they were not.. only the official ones were. If they are let me know since I dont have access to gametap and dont condone it :P
    Also I dont do youtube for videos since the quality is so poor its unwatchable. Some serious fan was selling a DVD at a comic con.. really well made.. it had every episode in TV aired VHS quality. IE all the same as the official VHS. Of course I didnt get one and missed the auction when one came up on ebay. Would be nice to see these episodes and interludes again. And not on youtube smashed up :( If anyone knows please let me know!
  • edited May 2007
    If they can't be found illegally or on Gametap, they probably can't be found anywhere, I'm afraid.

You know, as much as I'd prefer a DVD release, I would gladly purchase downloads of these episodes.
  • edited May 2007
    The missing episodes are on gametap?

I just went to check GameTap itself...

6 "The Friend for Life" November 1, 1997 Yes
    9 "A Glitch in Time" November 1, 1997 . . . Yes
    12 "Christmas Bloody Christmas" December 20, 1997 Yes
    13 "It's Dangly Deever Time" February 6, 1998 . . . Yes
    15 "The Glazed McGuffin Affair" February 13, 1998 . . . Yes
    18 "Tonight We Love" February 13, 1998 . . . Yes
    22 "Fools Die on Friday" No
    24 "The Final Episode" April 25, 1998 . . . Yes

Looks like they're all there on GameTap except "Fools Die on Friday." They're not a great resolution, but they're quite a bit cleaner and crisper than youtube.
  • edited May 2007
    Fools die on Friday is too on GameTap... ;)

Check again.
  • edited May 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Fools die on Friday is too on GameTap... ;)

Check again.

I still have the Archive open from before, and I'm not seeing it.
  • edited May 2007
    Maybe I'm wrong...

That's odd though. I know I saw Fools die on Friday being advertised as airing on GameTap TV...
  • edited May 2007
    Is there any other way to get these other than gametap and what format is the media in... Also anyone know how I can host a small wmv of the max paper bag puppet craft time? Its 60 seconds and would be an awesome upload. Luighann Lemme know about these episodes!
  • edited May 2007
    I've had no luck trying to pull videos off GameTap, they're streaming. Your best bet is to find one of those screencap programs that could let you record it off your own screen...
  • edited May 2007
    Yeah, all of those episodes are on Gametap. I remember watching those. Back before my wonderful Satellite internet ISP decided to enact their "fair usage policy" and restrict me to 175Mb a day. Which is less then dialup, I might add.
  • edited May 2007
    Sigh again I loathe gametap, the point is to get the shows to add to my collection. Not to watch them off some host or have to authenticate the file each time I play it. Sigh there has to be a better way to get the episodes. I know they are floating out there on full dvd somewhere and I really dont mind buying them.

If anyone has any luck let me know
  • edited May 2007
    Hmmm, if they are out there on DVD you'll find it somewhere in here;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sam%2Band%2Bmax%2Bcartoon%2BDVD
  • edited May 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong...

That's odd though. I know I saw Fools die on Friday being advertised as airing on GameTap TV...

I think you are correct. I saw it too and was wondering what happened to that episode. I inquired about it in another post and Emily said Gametap decided not to air it due to content. :(
  • edited May 2007
    Did emily say how we can get these videos? Or if something is coming out in the future? Seems such a shame to get rid of any sam & max stuff.

PLEASE EMILY!!!!
  • edited May 2007
    I'm pretty sure it will eventually be released. Possibly sooner than later.
    I have most of the episodes burned to a dvd but they're nowhere near dvd quality.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.