2015?

Ok, when will we see some differend stuff like in part II..the Drink Bottles, Sunglass Phones, Future-like cars. some stuff we have now are available to us but nothing like Power-lace Shoes or Self drying Jackets..will anything ever even change? we have the same Soda cans for ages same bulky bland Vechles, same clothing..makes you wonder because it's 2011 and things stayed the same like 1994 or something..:D

Gotta love BTTF!

Comments

• I thought this was going to be another "2015 wont be like the film showed) thread.

I guess I see your point that there hasn't been many defining characteristics; the 50's, 60s, 70s, and 80s all had different things define those decades. What defined the 90s or 00s?
  • edited December 2011
    This is the Information Age. You can easily surf the web, play games and take pictures from your cell phone; download and read books on a device that is honestly comparable to a real world version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; keep up with your friends and family on social networking websites, which in fact have been instrumental in aiding revolution in Africa (see "Arab spring")...

Necessity is the mother of invention, and there isn't really a practical need for flying cars or shoes that lace themselves.
  • edited December 2011
    well nike alreay know how to make a self lacing shoe so you tick that off the list
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, when will we see some differend stuff like in part II..the Drink Bottles, Sunglass Phones, Future-like cars. some stuff we have now are available to us but nothing like Power-lace Shoes or Self drying Jackets..will anything ever even change? we have the same Soda cans for ages same bulky bland Vechles, same clothing..makes you wonder because it's 2011 and things stayed the same like 1994 or something..:D

Gotta love BTTF!

I'm afraid living with developments day by day, year by year you have been deluded in to not the seeing changes around you.

Check google to compare cars, drinks cans and bottles etc and they have evolved a hell of a lot. Sure nowhere near the predictions made by BTTF but still to claim they haven't changed is ridiculous. Cars are much more rounded and air dynamic in general even in these past few years and interiors have changed a lot, with ipod docks and steering wheel based audio controls and various alarms for seatbelts and open doors and in built gps etc.
    Heck look at portable music, not 20 years ago we had boomboxes and the walkman then we had portable cd players then the mp3 player were like 5mb was MASSIVE now no-one blinks an eye at a wifi enabled, touch screen 32gb mp3 player.
    Heck internet and wifi is another huge leap forward, wifi is pretty new to public sector only turned up like early 00s

Yeah self-lacing shoes seem unlikely, afterall as pointed out necessity leads to invention and modern fabrics and production techniques are leading to more and more shoes that slip on or zip on for simplicity. Flying cars may not be on the cards but they have managed to get working hover technology, just shrinking it and refining it now then we could have all that hover stuff and they are pretty close to have the jetpack for personal transport perfected and they have the ability to teleport stuff now, only 1 atom but still we just need the computing power now and it is theoretically possible to teleport anything as the issue atm is computing power and internet speeds means eve something small like a piece of paper would take years to actually transmit. Oh and the big advancement of all is they think within the century they will be able to stop ageing.
  • edited December 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    I'm afraid living with developments day by day, year by year you have been deluded in to not the seeing changes around you.

Check google to compare cars, drinks cans and bottles etc and they have evolved a hell of a lot. Sure nowhere near the predictions made by BTTF but still to claim they haven't changed is ridiculous. Cars are much more rounded and air dynamic in general even in these past few years and interiors have changed a lot, with ipod docks and steering wheel based audio controls and various alarms for seatbelts and open doors and in built gps etc.
    Heck look at portable music, not 20 years ago we had boomboxes and the walkman then we had portable cd players then the mp3 player were like 5mb was MASSIVE now no-one blinks an eye at a wifi enabled, touch screen 32gb mp3 player.
    Heck internet and wifi is another huge leap forward, wifi is pretty new to public sector only turned up like early 00s

Yeah self-lacing shoes seem unlikely, afterall as pointed out necessity leads to invention and modern fabrics and production techniques are leading to more and more shoes that slip on or zip on for simplicity. Flying cars may not be on the cards but they have managed to get working hover technology, just shrinking it and refining it now then we could have all that hover stuff and they are pretty close to have the jetpack for personal transport perfected and they have the ability to teleport stuff now, only 1 atom but still we just need the computing power now and it is theoretically possible to teleport anything as the issue atm is computing power and internet speeds means eve something small like a piece of paper would take years to actually transmit. Oh and the big advancement of all is they think within the century they will be able to stop ageing.
    Thank you, I guess I'm just a deluded moron..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.