Halloween DLC?

edited December 2011 in Back to the Future
So I thought of a cool extra episode idea that could be made for Halloween next year. First off this is not about season 6. Think of it as episode 3.5. Basically the episode revolves around the 6 months that it took for FCB to fix the time machine.

Enda turn the whole town into "zombies" to capture Marty and Doc. Marty needs to help Doc fix the time machine so he could go back in time to get Marty and bring him to 1931. You need to save Doc because he is captured and must make sure that he fixes the time machine while avoiding the mind controlled citizens who are trying to turn him into one of them.

With everyone being mind controlled and acting like zombies it would make a great special Halloween episode. What do you guys think.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Yeah...Telltale doesn't do "special episodes".
  • While I have no clue how this telltale BTTF saga will end I can almost guarantee the final episode will not be episode 6; if they continue this and go to get AJ, Lloyd and co, it will be for longer than one episode.

And sorry to say your idea is illogical anyhow; any timeline with Marty in FCB 1986 longer than we see has been overwritten and so revisiting the timeline that we don't see where Marty stays there for six months would erase what we see in episodes four and five.
  • edited December 2011
    Telltale doesn't do DLC.
  • edited December 2011
    As previously mentioned, Telltale doesn't do DLC.

But I am wondering why you chose to make a Halloween thread when it's nearly Christmas. Just a spur of the moment idea? ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Does "Edna turning the whole town into zombies" sound very Back to the Future to you? Not to mention the fact that Marty and Citizen Brown could just.. you know.. leave Hill Valley until they fix the DeLorean in that case.
  • edited December 2011
    While I have no clue how this telltale BTTF saga will end I can almost guarantee the final episode will not be episode 6; if they continue this and go to get AJ, Lloyd and co, it will be for longer than one episode.

And sorry to say your idea is illogical anyhow; any timeline with Marty in FCB 1986 longer than we see has been overwritten and so revisiting the timeline that we don't see where Marty stays there for six months would erase what we see in episodes four and five.

It's just one of those "What if" scenarios. I know it would be over written but look at Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare. Or ImFamous 2 Festival of Blood. Both of those are expansions to the game that would not fit in the offical storyline but they're excellent and highly praised.

Also it wouldn't be an episode 6 that finishes of the saga. It's just an extra episode for season one that take place in between 3 and 4.

And for all those saying they won't do DLC why wouldn't they? Again the above horror DLCs I have mentioned worked great. Are they a part of the story? No. Don't think of it as something that continues the story and bridges the gap between season 1 and 2. Again, it's a what if scenario.
    As previously mentioned, Telltale doesn't go DLC.

But I am wondering why you chose to make a Halloween thread when it's nearly Christmas. Just a spur of the moment idea? ;)

Pretty much. It would be great for 2011 but the is obviously no time lol. That's why I suggested 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Does "Edna turning the whole town into zombies" sound very Back to the Future to you? Not to mention the fact that Marty and Citizen Brown could just.. you know.. leave Hill Valley until they fix the DeLorean in that case.

I think he ment with the watch which hypotise's them not actuall zombies because yes, that woud be very weird and not very back to the future like.
  • edited December 2011
    Scnew wrote: »

To be fair, the game itself doesn't feel like BTTF.
  • edited December 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    To be fair, the game itself doesn't feel like BTTF.

I agree but that is a diffrent topic so lets try to steer this back to Halloween DLC which I think could be good to realease whilse we wait for a second season
  • edited December 2011
    Actually, personally, I'm pretty fond of these "What if" scenarios that take established characters and say, "now let's see how they would react to THIS!" That's basically what Poker Night was, on a smaller scale. I dunno about zombies, though. That's kinda been done to...well, to death.

...though now I'm imagining a future At The Inventory game that spoofs their own Walking Dead game and features Max, Strongbad, Heavy, Tycho and Winslow dealing with a zombie attack. That could be hilarious.
  • edited December 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    I agree but that is a diffrent topic so lets try to steer this back to Halloween DLC which I think could be good to realease whilse we wait for a second season

Exactly the point of this thread. My predicted release is in 2015 because it might be future based. That's a long wait. But that will give them enough time to polish season 2 and it might only take a couple months to make a short special episode like this.
  • edited December 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    Exactly the point of this thread. My predicted release is in 2015 because it might be future based. That's a long wait. But that will give them enough time to polish season 2 and it might only take a couple months to make a short special episode like this.

I dont think it would be that long but who knows, If they did release it in 2015I would expect effort in graphics, Better gameplay and a clever storyline

3 things to easily get a 10/10 from me.
  • Again if they go to the effort of getting Christopher Lloyd and the gang together as well as the animators, they wont do it just for one episode.
  • edited December 2011
    Again if they go to the effort of getting Christopher Lloyd and the gang together as well as the animators, they wont do it just for one episode.

You say that like there's not going to be a season 2.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.