Steam Update?

The game just updated on Steam. Kind of weird considering it's a year old.

Any idea what changed?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    The game just updated on Steam. Kind of weird considering it's a year old.

Any idea what changed?

It also happend with puzzle agent 2!
  • edited December 2011
    Lucoshi wrote: »
    It also happend with puzzle agent 2!

Really? Huh.

I was suspecting for a second it might have to do with this upcoming Steam Christmas event, especially since we know Jurassic Park is a part of it. (Funny, since Poker Night, PA2, and JP are the three Telltale games with Steam achievements.) It doesn't seem like Poker Night has any new achievements, though.
  • edited December 2011
    I do see a new achievement called "Three Wise Men." (Win a hand when you have three of a kind comprised of three kings of any suit.)
  • edited December 2011
    Madfather wrote: »
    I do see a new achievement called "Three Wise Men." (Win a hand when you have three of a kind comprised of three kings of any suit.)

That's going to be pretty hard. =/ At least the mystery is solved, though.
  • edited December 2011
    It doesn't look like they've added any new decks or tables so unless they've sneaked in any bug fixes it looks like it's just the achievement.

Not that I'm complaining but, like RAnthony said, it does seem a bit weird to be adding stuff this long after the game launched. Oh well, at least they're still thinking about the game :D
  • edited December 2011
    It just updated again with another achievement.

"The 12 Days of Christmas: Win 12 or more hands."
  • edited December 2011
    The new one appears to be bugged, I got it after winning just one hand. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    The new one appears to be bugged, I got it after winning just one hand. :)

I'm assuming that's because you've already won way more than 12 hands in the past. If that's the case, you'll get the achievement as soon as you win a hand again. Basically a freebie for any Poker Night owners.

Which is good, because there's no way I'm getting Three Wise Men. =/
  • SegSeg
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I haven't looped back here till now, but I wanted to review the changes we made for the Winter Sale the past few days.

Three Wise Men
    Poker is a random game, so getting this achievement has a good chunk of randomness. That said, not getting the achievement for a full house was totally a bug. The patch from yesterday fixed it.

The 12 Days of Christmas
    MUCH easier to get this one. The wins can be across tournaments and don't need to be consecutive. If you already have 12 or more wins in your career, you just need to get one more winning hand for the achievement to trigger. (Ribs: Not a bug, it's a feature!)

I don't know if just one or both of these achievements will be apart of the meta-game. It's up to Valve/Steam to decide what they use it for.
  • edited December 2011
    Seg wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't looped back here till now, but I wanted to review the changes we made for the Winter Sale the past few days.

Three Wise Men
    Poker is a random game, so getting this achievement has a good chunk of randomness. That said, not getting the achievement for a full house was totally a bug. The patch from yesterday fixed it.

The 12 Days of Christmas
    MUCH easier to get this one. The wins can be across tournaments and don't need to be consecutive. If you already have 12 or more wins in your career, you just need to get one more winning hand for the achievement to trigger. (Ribs: Not a bug, it's a feature!)

I don't know if just one or both of these achievements will be apart of the meta-game. It's up to Valve/Steam to decide what they use it for.

I don't win nothing when i unlock those achviments?
  • edited December 2011
    I have just updated "Poker Night at the Inventory" and I am unable to open the game now (12/17/2011). I get an error message that reads,

"You can't open the application Celebrity Poker because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

I am using an early 2011 MacBook Pro 13"
    OS X 10.6.8
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
    4 GB of RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card.

It worked fine before the update. Has anyone else had this problem? What can be done to fix this? Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    Lucoshi wrote: »
    I don't win nothing when i unlock those achviments?

None of the Steam Christmas achievements will give you gifts prior to the day they were featured. I got the "Holiday Bonus" achievement in Jurassic Park a while ago, but I didn't get anything from it until today, when that achievement was featured.

I got coal, by the way. :(
  • edited December 2011
    lol, just started a game, my first winning hand of the round was with three kings, the third king coming out on the final card. Both new achievements downed in one fell swoop :D
  • edited December 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    lol, just started a game, my first winning hand of the round was with three kings, the third king coming out on the final card. Both new achievements downed in one fell swoop :D

Minus the 12 hands one, same here actually.

King in my hand, other king in flop, final king last.

Went all in, heavy called, and he had 2 pair, I had 3 of a kind:D
  • edited December 2011
    *Wants to have a go at the new Achievements*

*Installs Game again*

*Realizes Stats have been reset to Zero*

*Can't be bothered, Uninstalls*
  • SegSeg
    edited December 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    *Wants to have a go at the new Achievements*

*Installs Game again*

*Realizes Stats have been reset to Zero*

*Can't be bothered, Uninstalls*

In regards to the Winter Sale achievements, you only need to win 12 hands. It doesn't require a history of playing to get them.

Unless you don't want to spend the 15 minutes or so to win 12 hands. I just want to make sure you understand that there isn't need for a previous save.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't get the achievement, it's super hard :(
  • edited January 2012
    Well it's the last day of the Steam sales and it looks like they never ended up using either of the new Poker Night achievements in their holiday promotion. I wonder if there were many other games that added holiday achievements that didn't end up getting used?
  • edited January 2012
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Well it's the last day of the Steam sales and it looks like they never ended up using either of the new Poker Night achievements in their holiday promotion. I wonder if there were many other games that added holiday achievements that didn't end up getting used?

Costume Quest I know had that problem.
  • edited January 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Costume Quest I know had that problem.

While these are only semi-examples, Psychonauts and Super Meat Boy both had two Christmas achievements added. One was used, one wasn't.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.