Max's Hairball

MelMel
edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
When Max is walking around doing his thing (scratch butt, armpit farts, etc.), he will occasionally look like he's trying to cough up a hairball. One, did I misinterpret that action? If not, was there every any sound effect associated with that?

Oddly enough, this question has been in the back of my mind since the first episode and I thought it deserved its own thread. ¬¬

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    In the S6 closing credits, Myra! does the same while she is Maxified
  • edited May 2007
    LOL and to think I thought it was because Sam
    "fed" the spoon container to Max.

After I did that, max did the hairball animation and I just thought he was trying to
    cough out the spoon.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    That animation has been around since Culture Shock, but I don't think there has ever been a sound effect with it. Which is funny, since the armpit fart has a sound effect.

IIRC the hairball cough is used really well during the
    debate with Lincoln
    in episode 4.
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    That animation has been around since Culture Shock, but I don't think there has ever been a sound effect with it. Which is funny, since the armpit fart has a sound effect.

Maybe the thought of recording that sound (or even synthesizing it) was just too gross. :p
  • edited May 2007
    IIRC correctly someone once asked for a hi-res gif of Max doing his 'scare' animation. What's the chance of making something similar available for the fur ball one :D
  • edited May 2007
    Maybe you guys should make an animation for Max in Season 2 where he pulls up his face over his head like in the cartoon. Now THAT would be freaky! :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.