Sam & Max -- The Play ??

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
So I've been given the opportunity to direct a one-act play this coming Fall at my high school's one-act festival. Does anyone know of any plays that exist for Sam & Max? Would anyone want to write one and see it put on stage?!

Woot, thanks.

Max

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I'd love to, if I wasn't already scripting for two projects... plus I don't think my *ahem* "graphic" writing style would fly too well for a school play :P
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    I'll write one only if you promise to have really good costumes.
  • edited May 2007
    I once considered putting on a play based on Peasant's Quest, but it never got off the ground, and I'm not good at writing smarmy, sarcastic dialogue on a Sam & Max level...
  • edited May 2007
    I don't think a play would do Sam & Max justice. So, no.
  • edited May 2007
    It wouldn't work with actors costumes anyway... although I could imagine them as rod-puppets (you know, where the puppet players are dressed in black in front of a black background). But content-wise... VERY difficult, if not impossible.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    You could do a crazy avant garde thing where the actors just wear black except maybe some ears on max and a hat on sam, with the office just represented as a floating door and two windows against black, etc. It would be about the duality of man, I imagine.
  • edited May 2007
    Kids these days don't have the creativity to realize how easy it would be to have perfectly effective Sam & Max costumes.

Sam: Blue-gray suit, tie, fedora. Brown shoes, gloves, fake dog ears.
    Max: Short person :P White outfit, fake rabbit ears.

Simple stuff, really. Since the real Max doesn't wear clothes, you just have to be creative in designing his costume. I'd go with something similar to Sam's, but in white.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Maybe we should just get these guys to play them:

entry21_sm.jpg
  • edited May 2007
    Quick, call their agents.
  • edited May 2007
    That is a pretty funny picture....is that an easter costume?
  • edited May 2007
    More of Halloween, me'thinks... ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Squinky wrote: »
    I'll write one only if you promise to have really good costumes.

Our theater program has a pretty good budget...

Anyways, the school is in San Rafael, same city as TTG HQ, so all those cool people could see it!
  • edited May 2007
    Would we get free tickets? ;)
  • edited May 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    More of Halloween, me'thinks... ;)
    Ahhh the good old days when we had an excuse to dress up in a bunny outfit.
    Now we only see that kind of thing being done by the oh so rare whacky-street-corner performers- I could swear its been done.
  • edited May 2007
    I hope it is better than the play my hs did years ago, which was a parody of the 2nd Austin Power's film . That was crappy.
  • edited May 2007
    Ahhh the good old days when we had an excuse to dress up in a bunny outfit.
    Now we only see that kind of thing being done by the oh so rare whacky-street-corner performers- I could swear its been done.

I'd kill to be a street-corner performer... perhaps a mime. I don't have the patience for it though, I'd break my silence the second someone makes an anti-mime joke :P
    edited May 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    I hope it is better than the play my hs did years ago, which was a parody of the 2nd Austin Power's film . That was crappy.

It seems weird to parody a parody. Kids these days and their meta.
  • edited May 2007
    Yo, as silly as this sounds I'm actually serious. Anyone for real?
    edited May 2007
    I don't think there have been any theatrical adaptations, nope. Steve might know...
  • edited May 2007
    For this coming fall? How long would it be, minutes-wise? My writing style might not be entirely incongruous with Sam & Max style humor. Don't know if I'll have time, though, since I have my own agenda for writing stuff this summer.

I don't think one exists already. I just did I Google search for "'Sam & Max' 'One-act play'" and guess what's the first result? :P
  • edited May 2007
    I wouldn't mind writing a sam and max play.. like a parody of shakespear or something...
  • edited May 2007
    I'm actually taking this seriously, well, as serious as it can be. It'd be kind of hard converting anything Sam and Max into a play, but once you get started on a script i'm sure things'll work out. I bet it'd be fun to write =P
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    Hey, here is a thought... how about a parody of the lost years between HTR and S1. Something like "The Phone" Interim animation.
    You could have a special villain called Lucas "Luck" Jones.
  • edited May 2007
    There is the stage adaptation of Monkey Island. It's on Youtube or Google video
Sign in to comment in this discussion.