Sam & Max: The Cartoon Series DVD?

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
I know this question might have already been asked before, but I must know if there are any plans to release the old Sam & Max cartoons on DVD any time soon. Just about every other show that was on air at the same time as Sam & Max has already been released on DVD, so I think it's about time for Sam & Max to get a DVD too.

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I'm leaning towards soon.
  • edited May 2007
    Telltale doesn't have anything to do with the cartoon series, and I learned from someone in the know that Steve P. didn't actually have anything to do with it either other then authorizing it. With that said, Steve must have the rights to it or would at least know who does, so Telltale should talk to him about how to aquire rights to publish them on a DVD.

I can say this,

PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT!
  • edited May 2007
    Steve consulted on the design and even wrote a few episodes for it.

That's alot more then authorize
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    I know this question might have already been asked before, but I must know if there are any plans to release the old Sam & Max cartoons on DVD any time soon. Just about every other show that was on air at the same time as Sam & Max has already been released on DVD, so I think it's about time for Sam & Max to get a DVD too.
    AdamG wrote: »
    Telltale doesn't have anything to do with the cartoon series, and I learned from someone in the know that Steve P. didn't actually have anything to do with it either other then authorizing it. With that said, Steve must have the rights to it or would at least know who does, so Telltale should talk to him about how to aquire rights to publish them on a DVD.

I can say this,

PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT!

This has been talked about before and Jake said [post=28174]this[/post] about who owns the rights to the cartoon. Probably up to them to decide to put it out on DVD (I don't know how much impact asking here will have.)
  • edited May 2007
    To my knowledge the only episode steve wrote was the bigfoot episode.
  • edited May 2007
    Christmas Bloody Christmas and Bad Day on The moon too
  • edited May 2007
    Strange... GameTap has a page regarding the cartoon show, but it doesn't have any copyright information beyond the standard stuff about Sam & Max. I was hoping that page would at least mention what company they're licensing it from...
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    Look at the link in my post above.

Also, look here:

http://www.nelvana.com/shows/shows_template.asp?sid=39
  • edited May 2007
    Aye, I live near the Nelvana offices. Maybe I should ask for a..... "tour"
  • edited May 2007
    I see. It makes sense that Nelvana has the rights, I just find it odd, then, that GameTap's site doesn't, you know, mention Nelvana.
  • edited May 2007
    How does watching these work on Gametap? Are you only allowed to stream them or can you download them as well?
  • edited May 2007
    You can't keep anything you download on Gametap. The data is stored locally, yes, but in formats that only Gametap can read. You can probably get 3rd party software from somewhere to read it though, but that would violate a lot of laws.
  • edited May 2007
    I'm sure it can be done. I used to be able to get youtube videos by finding and converting them.
  • edited May 2007
    I don't think Nelvana has released anything on dvd.. I'm still waiting for Eek the Cat!
  • edited May 2007
    Can't you get a program to capture the video and audio? And just save it as uncompressed files? That should be possible?

Now get to work someone, I want to watch this and I don't live in the US :'(
    The world is so unfair.
  • edited May 2007
    There is a program that can do that Armakuni, and it is technically feasable to save copies of the Sam & Max cartoons using this method that I am thinking of. But because Telltale is in Bussiness with Gametap, I won't say how to do it publicly. :)
  • edited May 2007
    I checked Nelvana's website for contact details so I could confirm if they have the rights or not, but the only way to contact them seems to be by mail or telephone because the webmaster's email address didn't work. Perhaps if many of us were willing to call Nelvana and simply tell them that we would like the animated series on DVD, that they would do it? :/
  • edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    I checked Nelvana's website for contact details so I could confirm if they have the rights or not, but the only way to contact them seems to be by mail or telephone because the webmaster's email address didn't work. Perhaps if many of us were willing to call Nelvana and simply tell them that we would like the animated series on DVD, that they would do it? :/

I say start with having one person call (I nominate you :D ) and see what they have to say about it, first.
  • edited May 2007
    Ill do just about anything but... Ive asked steve a few times about the cartoon he seems to either dodge the question or not respond when asking about it. People here say they have most if not all of the episodes I say SHARE! oorah!
    Gimme the number Ill call to find who has rights.. even though I could just email purcell and ask but I dont like bothering him for such trivial things.

Let me know
  • edited May 2007
    If you really want to call them, then I guess I'll let you Kaldire. ;) Their phone number is; (416) 535-0935
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    When this forum first opened, a lot of those episodes others had were put up on YouTube and linked to here. One, the links here got deleted and two, I think many of them were eventually pulled from YouTube because of the copyright violation.
  • edited May 2007
    Most torrent sites have at least 15 episodes
  • edited May 2007
    the torrents have what the vhs set has in my closet.. and its missing the arts n crafty nonsense stuff. I think I will give em a call monday lol.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.