In The Tomb of Sammun-Mak & They Stole Max's Brain, I have a story question...

edited January 2012 in Sam & Max
So the order of events, in my perception, is this right?:
*Sam leaves for a bathroom break while Max watches the final reel.
*Papierwaite steals the Devil's Toybox (offscreen).
*Skun-ka'pe is freed and steals Max's Brain.
*Sam returns.

So my question is this: Is it true that Papierwaite stole the toybox before Max's brain was stolen?

Skun-ka'pe couldn't have seeing as how he was freed when it was stolen. Who stole it isn't confirmed.

BTW, I am SuperbowserX on Sam and Max Wiki (.net).

Comments

• edited January 2012
    While I don't have the evidence at hand, I'm fairly sure the sequence of events was:
    Papierwaite steals the toybox, freeing Skun-ka'pe, and Skun-ka'pe stole Max's brain
    . I do not recall being puzzled by this before, wasn't there dialogue exchange explaining this?
  • edited January 2012
    No I don't remember their being dialogue explaining that Papierwaite stole the toybox. I know its confirmed in dialogue Skun-ka'pe stole Max's brain, and I know that someone stole the toybox, though I don't recall any dialogue that clearly states Papierwaite's robbery of the toybox.
  • edited January 2012
    in they stole max bran I think the dat rat said sum weird guy was ruing with a toy box away from a griller holding a bran suiting lasher beams but it bin a while
  • edited January 2012
    @Kane - Ur talking about Frankie the Rat. But what do u mean a "griller"? Until you explain what that means I can't really respond to your statement.
  • edited January 2012
    While I can't recall for certain that there was dialogue confirming Papierwaite was the one that stole the Toybox, I'm pretty sure that's implied to have been what happened. While Sam was away and Max was enthralled by the film, Papierwaite stole the Toybox, which freed Skun-ka'pe, who then took Max's brain, is I think how it went.
  • edited January 2012
    ASEF wrote: »
    @Kane - Ur talking about Frankie the Rat. But what do u mean a "griller"? Until you explain what that means I can't really respond to your statement.

I think he means 'gorilla'.
  • edited January 2012
    sorry I have dilexeya
  • edited January 2012
    i think im wrong but i throught it was skunkape escaped first then stole Max's brain then papierwaite stole the toybox which makes skunkape chase after him
  • edited January 2012
    i think im wrong but i throught it was skunkape escaped first then stole Max's brain then papierwaite stole the toybox which makes skunkape chase after him

That doesn't make sense. The molemen AND skun-ka'pe clearly state that it was the toybox's theft that freed him.
  • edited January 2012
    yeah but it begs one thing woulden't skunkape been freed from the toybox when it was stolen woulden't he just come out from where ever the toybox was and i think Max would have seen papierwaite and tried to stop him
  • edited January 2012
    No, Skun-ka'pe stated at 4:07 in the video shown/linked below that Max was "entranced by a primitive form of earth entertainment".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZcgm6wOQl4
  • edited January 2012
    yeah but it begs one thing woulden't skunkape been freed from the toybox when it was stolen woulden't he just come out from where ever the toybox was and i think Max would have seen papierwaite and tried to stop him

No, Skunkape wasn't trapped in the toybox, he was trapped in Sam and Max's building which was the new Pineal Zone, but the Toy Box was the power source maintaining that Pineal Zone.

What happened was, Paperweight stole the Toy box, Skunkape got free, saw Paperweight, saw Max, knew he needed Max's brain, nabbed it and then chased after Paperweight.

Simple enough :)
  • edited January 2012
    Grojak wrote: »
    No, Skunkape wasn't trapped in the toybox, he was trapped in Sam and Max's building which was the new Pineal Zone, but the Toy Box was the power source maintaining that Pineal Zone.

What happened was, Paperweight stole the Toy box, Skunkape got free, saw Paperweight, saw Max, knew he needed Max's brain, nabbed it and then chased after Paperweight.

Simple enough :)

Yes I know its simple. And I can now, with other people's confirmation, confirm that PAPIERWAITE (not paperwaight or whatever) stole the Devil's Toybox freeing Skun-ka'pe from the boiler room. I'm simply stating this: The devolpers could and should have made it more clear in terms of Papierwaite's theft of the toybox. Nobody brings that to attention in the game.
  • edited January 2012
    ASEF wrote: »
    Yes I know its simple. And I can now, with other people's confirmation, confirm that PAPIERWAITE (not paperwaight or whatever) stole the Devil's Toybox freeing Skun-ka'pe from the boiler room. I'm simply stating this: The devolpers could and should have made it more clear in terms of Papierwaite's theft of the toybox. Nobody brings that to attention in the game.

Frankie, the tourist and the gorilla dude all describe a man that would match Papierwaite's description. Plus the fact that Papierwaite and Skunkape were fighting in the Museum and seemed to be in the midst of a very long ongoing fight.

I'm sorry to me the developers made it as clear as they possibly could without directly saying it. If your saying that the needed to directly say it, then you missed the whole point of the chapter. It's supposed to be about using detective work to figure things out, not having everything spoon fed to you (no offence).

Also, I don't appreciate the tone of your last post. I have dyslexia, and considering (with the help of spell checker) the only think I got wrong in my entire post was a characters name, and even then I spelt it the correct way, I don't appreciate you obviously trying to make me feel stupid. (Especially when my post was merely meant to help you in the first place).
  • edited January 2012
    i think its funny that Sam was in the toliet for like 30 mins (since it all the stuff that happened could not of happened in like 5 mins)
  • edited January 2012
    The toilet was far away. When he comes back he starts to tell Max what he had to go through to find it before he notices.
  • edited January 2012
    Harald B wrote: »
    The toilet was far away. When he comes back he starts to tell Max what he had to go through to find it before he notices.

Harald B? It's me, SuperbowserX
  • edited January 2012
    Yes, I got that the first time. :) And I don't really have something to add to what the others said.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.