So....much...King's Quest....I almost can't....handle it!

edited January 2012 in Kings Quest Game
I just wanted to take a moment to reflect on how the popularity of King's Quest has kind of..well I hesitate to use the word skyrocketed...but perhaps...bottle rocketed? In the past three or so years. Now I'm sure a lot of it has to do with everyone and their mother trying to cash in on millennial nostalgia, but being of that generation the only thing i care to say is..alright!..in terms of Kings Quest it does kind of seem a bit wild.

When you step back and take a look at it. We had the first episodes of Silver Lining in 10, Activision's reissuing of the classic games, AGD's remake of III in 11 now IA's Novels based game, (didn't even know there were KQ novels) and soon, Telltale's entry into the franchise. Over all it's been a pretty solid few years for us KQ fans and it seems to be questing onward, after having come almost out of nowhere.

I personally hope that someone gives KQ IV the makeover treatment soon, it's the only classic KQ game that hasn't been brought into the VGA era yet (though there was a fan project to do that a while back which now seems dead) and that they keep right on truckin onto other classic adventure games of the era too,

( I would pee my proverbial pants if a new Quest for Glory, or Gabriel Knight game was announced)

but that may just be wishful thinking, ah well..end of rant

thanks for readin:)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.