Who is John Wilkes Booth ?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2012
    The Booth family were pretty was pretty known back then, both in America and Europe... A couple were famous shakespearean actor in Europe, his brother Edwin Booth for example.

There father Junius Brutus Booth was a famous English actor. Named after an assassin! Much irony in that!
  • edited January 2012
    Mr. Zurkon wrote: »
    Us Americans know who Jack the Ripper is, and he was British.
    If you've heard of Fidel Castro or Winston Churchill then you should've heard of John Wilkes Booth as well, unless you skipped grades 6-12 and then avoided college.

I know who was Jack The Ripper and I am spanish. It's easier to know something about the most TV series/movies/books adapted serial killer than a U.S president killer (I know that Abe Lincoln in U.S is very beloved and respected but in Europe is another president more). Heck, even in Europe don't know much about the U.S Civil War.

In Spain we have enough with our own civil war in 1936.
  • edited January 2012
    Abe Lincoln was fairly respected in England apparently... They have a statue of him in various places including at Parliement Square, London, and another in Manchester I think.

But considering the average person nowadays doesn't care much about history... I wouldn't be surprised if in places where an individual may have been respected at one time, that people nowadays would be completely clueless as to who they are.
  • edited January 2012
    Mr. Zurkon wrote: »
    Us Americans know who Jack the Ripper is, and he was British.
    If you've heard of Fidel Castro or Winston Churchill then you should've heard of John Wilkes Booth as well, unless you skipped grades 6-12 and then avoided college.

I find this to be a pretty dumb statement.

That's like saying that all Americans that can't name the guy that assassinated Franz Ferdinand clearly weren't paying attention in school. Hell, I'd be surprised if the average joe on the street can name the Kennedy assassin.
  • edited January 2012
    Scnew wrote: »

I'd be surprised if the average joe on the street can name the Kennedy assassin.

Well yh cos no one knows who it really was.
  • edited January 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    Well yh cos no one knows who it really was.

It was the Cigarette Smoking Man, wasn't it?
  • edited January 2012
    Scnew wrote: »
    Franz Ferdinand

I love that band!
  • edited April 2012
    I'm hoping someone could enlighten me as to who this character is. He appears in the slide show during the production of a mental alignment card. Emmet has to have a negative association in order to get the right card but I worked this out by trial and error, why should a player know who he is ? Have I missed something ?

clicking on his picture during the slideshow lets you know who he is, in fact clicking on all pictures during the slideshow lets you know exactly what to do, so if marty says hes a negative figure simply make doc feel good to get the result you need, and keep doing it till you've made doc a degenerate criminal, i find it easiest to play the record player which makes doc feel good, then when you get to a positive figure simply zap him twice to make the light red, then if its a negative figure simply do nothing and change the slide, i got it first time the second time i played through the game
  • edited April 2012
    World War 1 is often refereed to as the War to end all wars. That is what most people called it.
  • edited December 2012
    Seriously. I don't care whether you're an American or not -- if you didn't get this then you fail history forever.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.