Bosco's disguises

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
Has anyone else but me found Bosco's disguises annoying?

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I've heard one or two complaints about them, but I don't mind them. It's fun seeing what disguise he's got every new episode. Episode 6 had the best disguise :P
  • edited May 2007
    I like them simply because it sets Bosco up for some really nice jokes from Sam & Max.
  • edited May 2007
    I have to agree with Badwolf, the disguise in episode 6 was the best one =p
  • edited May 2007
    It's hard to argue with anything that sets up a line like "Tally-ho, fools."
  • edited May 2007
    I thought they were ok, but both Bosco's disguises and Sybil's career-changes did become a bit of an overused joke in my opinion; the first disguise was a nice surprise, then they got steadily more monotonous. Ignoring that, the British one, especially the line "you can't go in there - it's knackered!" was probably my favourite.
  • edited May 2007
    I feel like Bosco's disguises got a little old and tired, as a gag, after his British one (because really, where can you go after "TALLY HO, FOOLS!"...?)--although his Ep. 4 disguise did get a few laughs out of me. His disguise in Ep. 6 was just brilliant, though...as was Sam's reaction to it. Absolutely priceless. :D
  • edited May 2007
    Tyraa Rane wrote: »
    His disguise in Ep. 6 was just brilliant, though...as was Sam's reaction to it. Absolutely priceless. :D
    Yeah. "Hello, Bosc-- Oh, dear God..." :D I would have done the same in his position if I walked in on someone I knew for that long only to see them in drag.:D
  • edited May 2007
    Hopefully, when telltale introduce new characters, they do not do the [insert properties] change in each ep. I think one is enough and two seems redundant (points to Sybil.) I thought that they goin to do it with all the new characters, seeing how Jimmy was a skin body in one game. Luckily, they stopped with that rather than giving Jimmy a new gangsta theme every episode.
  • edited May 2007
    I thought Bosco's monthly "nationality-themed" disguise was getting old by episode 4, but 5 and 6 broke the pattern enough that it was funny again.

I agree that for Season 2 they should stay away from such repetitive gags, or at least make them a lesser focus.
  • edited May 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I thought Bosco's monthly "nationality-themed" disguise was getting old by episode 4, but 5 and 6 broke the pattern enough that it was funny again.

I agree that for Season 2 they should stay away from such repetitive gags, or at least make them a lesser focus.

I agree with both your statements. I was shocked that they broke out of the nationality-themed disguise and went to do random disguises in the last two games.
  • edited May 2007
    I like them.
  • edited May 2007
    I liked them too. I need to look for an opportune moment to spring "Tally-ho, fools!" on someone now.....
  • edited May 2007
    They were awesome.. then kinda monotonous.. then kinda good. But each had their classic moments.. but my most memorable is probably also from ep2.. "Pip pip, honey nut cheerio!".. or something. Classic. :)
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    I really liked the french one, when the bug says 'Ladybugs'.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.