Call me pedantic.....

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
...but an an itzy-bitzy-teenie-weenie lack of "Hit the Road"-authenticity happened in all Episodes. Maybe you did it on purpose, maybe not, maybe its already mentioned here and I couldn't find it with the search-function.

When Sam & Max are leaving their office, you can catch a short look out to the staircase. In "Hit the road" you were able to walk through, to pass by their violent neighbour and to go downstairs to the street.

But they dont go upstairs. They dont go, because of an not further mentioned accident.

jajaue8.jpg

But in the Episodes, there's some sort of door opposite to their office, and no stairs up, tsk tsk tsk.

jaajaaafi4.jpg

Now go and hit me :cool: I know, Telltale isn't Lucasarts, and so on....I just wanted to say it....

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Chances are we will see the return of the hallway and get a chance to go into Flint's office to talk with sometimes in Season 2. :) A lot of people want to see Flint, and he would be a very colorful character to add. People have been complaining abit about some of the secondary characters, so to me adding him sounds like a very wise idea.
  • edited May 2007
    Ooh, yes! Flint Paper!

Anyone else notice how Bosco is a Bosco Albert "B.A." Baracus-type character? (for those who don't know The A-Team, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-team ).

I wonder who Flint Paper would resemble other than Bogey.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    The office layout is totally different in Season 1 from Hit the Road... You might notice the far more glaring "mistake" of the Season One office's door being on the wall next to the windows , whereas in Hit the Road (and in the comics), the office is laid out with the door and the windows on opposite walls. Who's pedantic now?
  • edited May 2007
    Don't forget the street layout between season1 and HTR.

The layout in HTR and the cancelled S and M game are different than season 1. The whole different layout thing bothered me at first, but I just think that S and Max's neighborhood received reconstruction between the cancel game and season 1; maybe Sam and or Max blew up the neighborhood out of bordem for not having a case shortly before season 1.
  • edited May 2007
    Ped... Pedan... Pedantic... WTF does that mean? Hmmm... (Consults Webster.) Ohhhhh... It means to focus on trivial aspects, aha. :)
  • edited May 2007
    As long as we get Flint Paper in Season 2 I'll forgive em :p
  • edited May 2007
    They also added a 3rd dimension that wasn't there in HtR :P
  • edited May 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    The office layout is totally different in Season 1 from Hit the Road... You might notice the far more glaring "mistake" of the Season One office's door being on the wall next to the windows , whereas in Hit the Road (and in the comics), the office is laid out with the door and the windows on opposite walls. Who's pedantic now?

I'm surprised you didn't keep Max's collection of weapons and black-light posters as a referance, but I guess you needed the closet space. :D

That being said, can we get the butcher knife back on the dart board again in Season 2? I miss how deadly accurate Sam was/is with that thing.
  • edited May 2007
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE that door leads to the stairs! Ever think of that? :P

I don't mind that type of layout change as long as the feel is the same (which, in this case, it is).
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    And maybe they reconstructed that area to prevent further accidents
  • edited May 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    maybe Sam and or Max blow up the neighborhood out of during bordem of not having a case shortly before season 1.
    The scary part is that I could TOTALLY see that happening...
  • edited May 2007
    The scary part is that I could TOTALLY see that happening...

I can see it happening too, which is why I like this theory. Besides, this can also explains why Darla "The Geek" Gugenheek is no longer helping Sam and Max (and why they resort to Bosco for gadgets instead.) :p :D

It can happen something like this (and yes, I am bored):

Max: Hey Sam, how long has it been since we last have a case? I am straving.

Sam: Too long.... Hopefully, we get a case sooner or later so that we can start eating again.

Darla enters the office of Sam and Max

Darla: Hey guys! I invented this totally awsome device that le--

Max: Who's that, Sam?

Sam: Don't you remember, Max? She is our personal teenage scientist and laboratory technician, who resides in our very own "Sub-Basement of Solitude."

Max: We have a "Sub-Basement of Solitude?"

Darla: *clears throat* "AS I was saying. I invented this awsome device that will cure world hunger with a touch of a button! Underpaid computer programmers all over the world will worship me as their new god! However, because this is only a protoype, this stuff is highly unstable and will explode if ingested."

Max: "Gimme, Gimme!"

Max devours the device while Darla grasp in horror

Darla: "I JUST SAID IT WILL EXPLODE IF INGESTED."

Max: "I thought you said it will explode if not inges---"

Max explodes, destroying everything within the block.

Moments later, Sam pops out of the rubble that was once the freelance police building.

Sam: "Luckily, I was wearing my explosive proof vest and hat. Overwise I would a goner. Can't say the same for Darla."

Max (talking through Sam's thumb): "If you died, I would have nothing else to possess..... other than Bosco's butt, of course"

Sam: "Good thing we got Darla a life insurance plan after we adopted her from the human pound. We can use the money to repair this cesspool of crime and get you a new body at the Moon. Whatever we have extra can be used in buying food"

Max: "Sounds good to me. Wait, Darla was our adopted daughter? Does that we mean we are...you know?"

Sam: "That this makes us an item?"

Max: "No, not that. We are, you know.......legal guardians of some orphan kid that we can use to carry out our master plan for world domination?"

Sam: "You crack me up little buddy."
  • edited May 2007
    Killing off The Geek is just a bit harsh.
  • edited May 2007
    Maybe it doesen't matter at all.
    edited May 2007
    I think the Geek is in grad school at this point.
  • edited May 2007
    ^ You mean 14?
    edited May 2007
    shhz
  • edited May 2007
    haha I love threads like this
  • edited May 2007
    I am sure there are other ppl out there who wish that all fictional children sidekicks super genius should be killed off. :P

Besides, who owns the Geek? Purcell or the cartoon studio that made the S and M cartoons?
  • edited May 2007
    You never know. They did wreck their old car. It could have all happened during that unreleased game. Maybe the crash landed that spaceship we saw in the concept art.
    It would be funny if they got their old car back in season 2, only to have Max crash it seconds later.
  • edited May 2007
    OnCallDoc wrote: »
    You never know. They did wreck their old car. It could have all happened during that unreleased game. Maybe the crash landed that spaceship we saw in the concept art.
    It would be funny if they got their old car back in season 2, only to have Max crash it seconds later.

Sam: Nice going, buckethead. That's the third car you've wrecked behind my back.
    Max: Technically, it's the first, but who's counting?
    Sam: I really should stop letting you drive, little buddy.
    Max: Not while I still have my gun!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.