Should TellTale buy The Freelance Police of LA?

edited January 2012 in Sam & Max
The title says it all, many of the TellTale employees previously worked with LA producing the cancelled Freelance Police game, so why don't they buy the game, remake the graphics and finally release it into the wild?:confused:

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Hey, it's the 25th anniversary of the franchise, so let's do this!
  • edited January 2012
    lattsam wrote: »
    Hey, it's the 25th anniversary of the franchise, so let's do this!

Hey, Sam and Max Season One suffered from Duke Nukem Forever Syndrome as it was. Do we really want to ressurrect this game that was cancelled seven years ago, just to complain about how similar it is to Telltale's other Sam and Max games? I hate to break it to you dude, but even if this game was resurrected, it would ultimately fall victim to the high expectations of fans and critics alike. Best to leave this lost ark of a game locked up and examined by top men.

BTW, I just realized that your name is an acronym. LucasArts Telltale Sam and Max
  • edited January 2012
    Hey, Sam and Max Season One suffered from Duke Nukem Forever Syndrome as it was. Do we really want to ressurrect this game that was cancelled seven years ago, just to complain about how similar it is to Telltale's other Sam and Max games? I hate to break it to you dude, but even if this game was resurrected, it would ultimately fall victim to the high expectations of fans and critics alike. Best to leave this lost ark of a game locked up and examined by top men.

I'd prefer it if the top men were locked up and examined instead, but that's just me!
    BTW, I just realized that your name is an acronym. LucasArts Telltale Sam and Max

Why thanks!
  • edited January 2012
    No. Telltale has no reason to buy the rights since they can already make Sam and Max games without giving money to LucasArts.

Also, it sucks that Freelance Police got cancelled and all, but it's been nearly eight years. There's no reason to still be upset about it, especially since we've gotten the equivalent of Freelance Police three times over since then.
  • edited January 2012
    No. Telltale has no reason to buy the rights since they can already make Sam and Max games without giving money to LucasArts.

Also, it sucks that Freelance Police got cancelled and all, but it's been nearly eight years. There's no reason to still be upset about it, especially since we've gotten the equivalent of Freelance Police three times over since then.

It's 2012, and we're STILL seeing posts like this? Give me a break... :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2012
    It's 2012, and we're STILL seeing posts like this? Give me a break... :rolleyes:

Why would it get less true over time.
  • edited January 2012
    it woud be awesome!!!......unless its just all quick time events
  • edited January 2012
    Whatever means more Sam and Max is right in my book.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm sadly positive the game will always stay unfinished/unreleased no matter what happens, but I'd really just like for TellTale to at least get the rights from LucasArts to release some information about Freelance Police and what it would have been like. Apparently the story revolved a lot around Flint Paper, and I'm curious to know what would've happened with that!
  • edited January 2012
    Great nice prequel for sam and Max save the world and it could have a prequel (Plunge Through Space)
  • edited January 2012

Really it seems like your the one stuck in past, and I'm STILL seeing your same posts like this? Give me a break
  • edited January 2012
    Really it seems like your the one stuck in past, and I'm STILL seeing your same posts like this? Give me a break

"Your the one stuck in past"? Do you want Strong Bad to sing that song to you again?

Anyway, the 25th anniversary gives us an excuse to make posts like this, because we believe now is as good a time as any to post them!
  • edited January 2012
    Assuming that the assets for Freelance Police even still exists at Lucasarts, it doesn't really make any sense.. at all.. for Telltale to buy them when, as was said above, they could already make a Sam and Max game without paying LA a cent.
  • edited January 2012
    Scnew wrote: »
    Assuming that the assets for Freelance Police even still exists at Lucasarts, it doesn't really make any sense.. at all.. for Telltale to buy them when, as was said above, they could already make a Sam and Max game without paying LA a cent.

I'd rather they finish this one, but thanks.
  • edited January 2012
    No.
  • edited January 2012
    Each time I see "The Freelance Police of LA" here it makes me think of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.