Sam & Max Complete Collection Question

edited February 2012 in Sam & Max
I think someone asked this before, but I wasn't sure I should resurrect that thread (some places are really anal about that). So I figured I'd make a new thread and ask, just to be safe.

I heard that when you buy the collection you still qualify for the disc version if you pay for shipping. What I want to know is whether or not the Bonus Disc is part of that. It's a LOT of money to buy them seperately, but $40 bucks is still no laughing matter, either. I just want to be sure if I make the decision to purchase the collection, I won't be missing out on any of the material I might get if I buy them seperately.

I'd HOPE that the answer is, "Yes, you'll get everything", but I know some places are.. funny about that. Such as Steam having it $10 more and not coming with ANY extra features, or even discs.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I think someone asked this before, but I wasn't sure I should resurrect that thread (some places are really anal about that). So I figured I'd make a new thread and ask, just to be safe.

I heard that when you buy the collection you still qualify for the disc version if you pay for shipping. What I want to know is whether or not the Bonus Disc is part of that. It's a LOT of money to buy them seperately, but $40 bucks is still no laughing matter, either. I just want to be sure if I make the decision to purchase the collection, I won't be missing out on any of the material I might get if I buy them seperately.

I'd HOPE that the answer is, "Yes, you'll get everything", but I know some places are.. funny about that. Such as Steam having it $10 more and not coming with ANY extra features, or even discs.

When you buy the complete collection though Telltale, you get all three bonus discs, as well as an instantaneous download of all 16 episodes.

Please note that Episodes 1-6 are PC only, although they work perfectly on a Mac when played in Crossover. 7-16 are cross compatible, no extra software needed.
  • edited January 2012
    Thank you for very much for your prompt and informative reply. This was exactly what I was hoping for. Consider it another feature in Telltale's cap, I'm always pleasantly surprised when dealing with them.

I will place the order immediately. Thank you again. :D
  • edited January 2012
    For some people, the cart wouldn't recognise the complete collection as a purchase of each season so when they tried to order the free discs, they wouldn't register as free. Staff mentioned that they would try to fix the issue last I heard. If they did not and the discs do not come up as free when you enter your collections order number as your coupon codes when want to order them, add them to your cart anyway(without fully checking out/paying) and send an email to support@telltalegames.com including your user name, order number for the collection and the discount issue. They will fix it.

(thought I'd repeat the whole thing for other's benefit)
  • edited February 2012
    I don't think I was charged for the discs, per say, but over 10 dollars for shipping was pretty steep.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.