wow been over a year

surprised it wasn't brought out but wow does time ever fly? We've gone through an entire year since the first episode was released and 7 months since the last was. Good to see this place still has activity.

Here's hoping we'll be doing the same song and dance in 2013!

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Looking back, this game ruined Telltale. Good story, though...
  • edited January 2012
    How did this game ruin Telltale!? This game is WINNING!
  • edited January 2012
    mtonline wrote: »
    How did this game ruin Telltale!? This game is WINNING!
    Specifically, the game is so idiotically, mind-numbingly simple that we have yet to find a person too stupid to finish it without thinking it was rather easy. In that way, I suppose it's the embodiment of winning, because it's a sort of middle school soccer league "trophies for everyone" moment.
  • edited January 2012
    ^
    I can't help but have the feeling there's a nod somewhere in there to Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
  • edited January 2012
    CXBrW.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    Man it's been over a year... We were so young back then. Times have change since then. No I woudn't say BTTF completely ruined Telltale, though it was stupidly simple and left alot of fans of adventure games and Telltale games pretty pissed. I just hope they've learned their mistake and won't do it again.

I understand that they were trying to cater to fans of the movies, which was understandable, but DID have some negative impact in the community. Though that won't work on a liscense like, say, King's Quest. Mainly because it's a chance for Telltale to prove to long time adventure gamers that they've still got what it takes to make a solid Adventure Game.

If they do what they did to Back to the Future to King's Quest, (Cater to new players too much. Mainly by making the puzzles simpler then they could've been and the gameplay much more dumbed down.) Not only will they recivev a serious backlash from the community, but people will start to leave because they've giving up on you.

So yeah, always be mindful of the auience your truly catering to. Cheers to 1 year of BTTF: The game, and heres to Season 2 being 88x better! :D
  • edited January 2012
    Man it's been over a year... We were so young back then. Times have change since then. No I woudn't say BTTF completely ruined Telltale, though it was stupidly simple and left alot of fans of adventure games and Telltale games pretty pissed. I just hope they've learned their mistake and won't do it again.

3.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    *snip*

Well, yeah... There's that too...
  • edited January 2012

Has there ever been any evidence that Telltale didn't gain more than they lost?

I mean, at any given time, there are -- what? -- 100 folks on these forums? Let's assume those are the die-hard Telltale fans, and let's say they all hated Back to the Future. Let's say there are 10 times as many lurkers, who feel the same.

That's 1,000 people who hate the game (again, just tossing out numbers here).

If Telltale sold (say) 100,000 copies to folks who normally wouldn't touch adventure games, and those less-dedicated folks all enjoyed it . . . well, TellTale may not care that the diehards don't like it.

As someone who makes his life from creative endeavors, I know it's important to realize that 10 people each posting 100 negative comments does not equal 1,000 angry people; it equals 10 angry loud people (who may or may not represent the larger whole).
  • edited January 2012
    Has there ever been any evidence that Telltale didn't gain more than they lost?

I mean, at any given time, there are -- what? -- 100 folks on these forums? Let's assume those are the die-hard Telltale fans, and let's say they all hated Back to the Future. Let's say there are 10 times as many lurkers, who feel the same.

That's 1,000 people who hate the game (again, just tossing out numbers here).

If Telltale sold (say) 100,000 copies to folks who normally wouldn't touch adventure games, and those less-dedicated folks all enjoyed it . . . well, TellTale may not care that the diehards don't like it.

As someone who makes his life from creative endeavors, I know it's important to realize that 10 people each posting 100 negative comments does not equal 1,000 angry people; it equals 10 angry loud people (who may or may not represent the larger whole).

Just because people paid for it doesn't mean shit. As someone who makes his life from creative endeavors, you should understand that when you make any form of entertainment you need to find it good. What you're saying comes down to "Telltale should keep making games they aren't proud of, because it'll get them money." The only reason they made so much money was Back to the Future is a big name. Plus, Jurassic Park was a huge embarrassing failure.

Telltale left Lucasarts in the first place, because they quit making adventure games. Seems pretty hypocritical now that they've done the same thing.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm just surprised that I'm nearing my one year forum member anniversary. I didn't think that I'd actually stick around on these boards after the BTTF:TG hype died down.

I guess you guys have such vibrant and interesting personalities that I can't bring myself to leave. :)

Or I just have nothing to do with my time.

Either or.
  • edited January 2012
    Telltale left Lucasarts in the first place, because they quit making adventure games. Seems pretty hypocritical now that they've done the same thing.

False, sir. Telltale left in proest because of the cancelled 'Freelance Police' project; and no they just don't want to make adventure games either.
    dancon wrote: »
    The vision remains what it always has been for Telltale and I have said consistently since 2004 that Telltale wants to build games based on great characters and stories. The fact that Sam and Max, Monkey, Strongbad and W&G are great adventure games (IMHO) is something we are very proud of but we didn’t build Telltale to build one type of game. Our goal is to create play experiences that are new and unique, where you are interacting with characters in new ways that aren’t limited to doing an errand for them or murdering them. We want users to consider many things when making a decision in a tense environment, we want to progress storytelling in games however we can. Doing Adventure puzzles is a safe zone for us and we want to push the limits. That said challenge can come in many forms and that is definitely something we will be reviewing.
  • edited January 2012
    False, sir. Telltale left in proest because of the cancelled 'Freelance Police' project; and no they just don't want to make adventure games either.

'Freelance Police' was cancelled, because it was and adventure game. -_- Also, they're not even making games right now. They're just making bad movies where you have to press buttons to see the rest.
  • edited January 2012
    'Freelance Police' was cancelled, because it was and adventure game. -_-

Still cancelled, if that's the case.
  • edited January 2012
    Still cancelled, if that's the case.

What? It's still cancelled, because they don't own the rights to it.
  • edited January 2012
    Just because people paid for it doesn't mean shit. As someone who makes his life from creative endeavors, you should understand that when you make any form of entertainment you need to find it good. What you're saying comes down to "Telltale should keep making games they aren't proud of, because it'll get them money." The only reason they made so much money was Back to the Future is a big name. Plus, Jurassic Park was a huge embarrassing failure.

No; what I'm saying is that it's entirely possible there are many, many people who are perfectly happy with Back to the Future, and would buy a sequel at the state of gameplay it's in. In fact, I'm arguing that it's quite possible that, if it has been successful for Telltale, it may be because of the style of gameplay they have created.

There have been plenty of times where "conventional wisdom" of fans has been completely wrong (or at least ill-considered), when going against their wishes meant that they opened up the possibilities to a wider, more profitable audience.

Probably the absolute best example -- the quintessential one -- has been the Nintendo Wii. Released with worse graphics than any other mainstream device and a motion-centered gameplay that encouraged fast, pick-up-and-go gameplay, the Wii was derided hard (both before and after release) by jillions of loud fans who decried the simple controls, weaker kid-centric graphics, etc.

And the Wii ended up being the best-selling console of its generation, selling nearly as many as the other two systems combined. Why? Because people who didn't care about Grand Theft Whatever or I'm a Diehard Gun-Shooting Space Marine snatched the thing up . . . and there were millions more fans who wanted a quick pick-up-and-play game system with friendly graphics than there were of the diehard audience who groaned at its existence.

I stress I'm not privy to Telltale's numbers (Back to the Future or otherwise). As an outsider, I only have access to outsider tools. However, based on Metacritic scores and iTunes reviews, Telltale seems to have created a game that most people generally liked.

Nintendo suffered the scorn and outrage of disappointed gamers all the way to the bank . . . acquiring millions of untapped fans in the process. Again, if Telltale makes a game that ticks off 100 angry people clinging to decades-old gameplay and -- in so doing -- created something that opened the audience to millions of fans who dared to enjoy it . . . well, I certainly couldn't blame them for continuing in that vein.
  • edited January 2012
    What? It's still cancelled, because they don't own the rights to it.

*facepalm* No. That's not what I- let me make it simpler for you:
    The project known as "Sam and Max: Freelance Police" was cancelled way back in the year 2004, and has been ever since, and the founding fathers of Telltale left Lucasarts because of it, regardless of the reasons of why Lucasarts cancelled "Sam and Max: Freelance Police" in the first place.
    They're just making bad movies where you have to press buttons to see the rest.

Since it seems the generic theme of this thread has turned into: "You (supmandude85) completly missing the points of what I'm saying" I'll just post this again:
    dancon wrote: »
    The vision remains what it always has been for Telltale and I have said consistently since 2004 that Telltale wants to build games based on great characters and stories. The fact that Sam and Max, Monkey, Strongbad and W&G are great adventure games (IMHO) is something we are very proud of but we didn’t build Telltale to build one type of game. Our goal is to create play experiences that are new and unique, where you are interacting with characters in new ways that aren’t limited to doing an errand for them or murdering them. We want users to consider many things when making a decision in a tense environment, we want to progress storytelling in games however we can. Doing Adventure puzzles is a safe zone for us and we want to push the limits. That said challenge can come in many forms and that is definitely something we will be reviewing.

In other words, yes they've started the company for adventure games; but also to expand games to be something more than just murdering people. Or wandering around in a forest, stealing from people's treasure chest, murdering any and all nearby wildlife. They wanted to show that games can have deep emotional stories, and that players can interact with charaters in new and different ways. Yes, I wasn't the biggest fan of BTTF, and I absoultely hated Jurassic Park. Though you're missing the big picture, they were trying something new.

Jurassic Park could've easily been your standard Telltale Adventure Game. 5 episodes. Decent Puzzles. Ok gameplay. An Average title. Average. Same, Plain, Boring, Safe-Route Average. That's what you want from a Telltale game? Just average. Just ok. Just the same. Your pathetic if you think that every Telltale. Telltale was using the same type of adventure game model for every game they've made. (Obviously I'm not including Poker Night and Puzzle Agent into this.)

Though Jurassic Park was the first game to break the trance. Telltale took a risk for once breaking the usual adventure game model. Yeah I hated the game completely, I can't think of anyone who actually liked it. Icould name at least a good 100 things they've could've done better with the liscense. Though they were trying something new trying something new. No matter how miserabley awful the game was, even more so how they tried to cover-up the bad reviews; at the end of the day they stuck by it, and that takes alot of guts for a game company to do. If you truly think that Telltale's games are better off being the same goddamn thing for every fucking game rather than trying something new and expanding the genre then you shouldn't be on this forum.
  • edited January 2012
    Well said, Nintendo Boy1!
  • edited January 2012
    Hmm I will agree even as a back to the future fan only, I have no intrest in puzzle games, but it would of been better if the puzzles were a bitt more clever and telltale added more of them, like having to click docs trash can to get something to put in the delorean to power it would of added a small but effective puzzle.

Although people saying the game was terrible just because it did not have that many puzzles in it clearly do not care at all about bttf and seem to me to have a unhealthy obssesion with puzzles.

No offence guys but because you care more about puzzles than bttf then just dont buy any of there games based on movies, just go play legend of zelda untill they make another good puzzle game.

(Also a second note I think they need to remake there hint system for a season 2 because it was misleading)
  • edited January 2012
    Though Jurassic Park was the first game to break the trance. Telltale took a risk for once breaking the usual adventure game model. Yeah I hated the game completely, I can't think of anyone who actually liked it. Icould name at least a good 100 things they've could've done better with the liscense. Though they were trying something new trying something new. No matter how miserabley awful the game was, even more so how they tried to cover-up the bad reviews; at the end of the day they stuck by it, and that takes alot of guts for a game company to do. If you truly think that Telltale's games are better off being the same goddamn thing for every fucking game rather than trying something new and expanding the genre then you shouldn't be on this forum.

Telltale trying new things isn't what I was arguing at all. Telltale has decided to stop making games that feature any form of gameplay. After Back to the Future they figured they needed to make it as insultingly easy as possible. I don't hate Jurassic Park, because it was different, I hate it, because it was bad. You and I agree on how bad it was, but what I'm saying is Back to the Future caused was the start of this. You clearly misunderstood what I was saying.

The thing is, though everyone goes at Lucasarts for not making any more adventure games and continues to praise Telltale without opening their eyes and seeing what Telltale has become. Breaking the traditional gameplay is fine, but they're completely done making adventure games and they won't fucking admit it.

yoman45135 wrote: »
    Although people saying the game was terrible just because it did not have that many puzzles in it clearly do not care at all about bttf and seem to me to have a unhealthy obssesion with puzzles.

No offence guys but because you care more about puzzles than bttf then just dont buy any of there games based on movies, just go play legend of zelda untill they make another good puzzle game.

That'd be like if they made a shooter game based on BTTF and there wasn't a single gun in it. People would be pissed. It doesn't need to be an adventure game, but don't fucking market it as one.
  • edited January 2012
    That'd be like if they made a shooter game based on BTTF and there wasn't a single gun in it. People would be pissed. It doesn't need to be an adventure game, but don't fucking market it as one.

So as long as they said it was not ment for puzzle gamers, and said it was for bttf fans only you would not complain?

because if so fair enough :p
  • edited January 2012
    Telltale trying new things isn't what I was arguing at all. Telltale has decided to stop making games that feature any form of gameplay. After Back to the Future they figured they needed to make it as insultingly easy as possible. I don't hate Jurassic Park, because it was different, I hate it, because it was bad. You and I agree on how bad it was, but what I'm saying is Back to the Future caused was the start of this. You clearly misunderstood what I was saying.

I don't understand your logic here. Why do you think that Telltale's intention was to make Jurassic Park easier than BTTF. A game, may I remind you, that was harped on for being too easy in the first place.
    The thing is, though everyone goes at Lucasarts for not making any more adventure games and continues to praise Telltale without opening their eyes and seeing what Telltale has become. Breaking the traditional gameplay is fine, but they're completely done making adventure games and they won't fucking admit it.

I dunno, The Walking Dead is sounding a whole lot like an Adventure Game to me, but deeper and darker than BTTf or JP combined. At least, from the answers I've been getting from Jake and Co. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • edited January 2012
    Adventure games suck!

But really I have not see one adventure game that is actually fun. I hear people all the time say "This game is awesome! It has breathtaking graphics and a great story!"

What about gameplay? It's basically like a movie and once you know the answers to puzzles what's the point of doing them again? I rather watch a movie. Don't make a movie out of a game unless you can have fun gameplay that would make you want to play multiple times. That's what makes a game. Not graphics or story.

Plus even with adventure game standards BTTF is shit. Bad graphics and an okay story and also extremely liner. Why the hell do dialog options Add nothing to the story but also some times they only give you the illusion of choice?
  • edited January 2012
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    Adventure games suck!

But really I have not see one adventure game that is actually fun. I hear people all the time say "This game is awesome! It has breathtaking graphics and a great story!"

What about gameplay? It's basically like a movie and once you know the answers to puzzles what's the point of doing them again? I rather watch a movie. Don't make a movie out of a game unless you can have fun gameplay that would make you want to play multiple times. That's what makes a game. Not graphics or story.

Plus even with adventure game standards BTTF is shit. Bad graphics and an okay story and also extremely liner. Why the hell do dialog options Add nothing to the story but also some times they only give you the illusion of choice?

The Uncharted series is adventure and extremely fun
  • edited January 2012
    The Uncharted series is adventure and extremely fun

That's not adventure dude. It's action adventure. I don't see any dialog gameplay or point and click/investigating.

The adventure genre are games that focus on story, characters and dialog. There aren't any action elements like shooting or platforming or melee combat. The gameplay of adventure games are puzzles, point and click, or investigating.
  • edited January 2012
    Adventure games suck!

Then why are you here?
  • edited January 2012
    Then why are you here?

Because I like BTTF. Also because I can go wherever I want and don't really need to give reasons.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012

...as opposed to a completely healthy obsession with realistic graphics?

BTW, it seems like the "quality" responses in this thread did not motivate Michael J. Fox is Canadian to post once more in his own thread. Gee, I wonder why?
  • edited January 2012
    ...as opposed to a completely healthy obsession with realistic graphics?

BTW, it seems like the "quality" responses in this thread did not motivate Michael J. Fox is Canadian to post once more in his own thread. Gee, I wonder why?

He's not asking for realistic graphics. He's asking for less cartoony graphics because it doesn't fit style of the movies.
  • edited January 2012
    I see Back to the Future: The Game as an interactive movie.

I really miss scratching my head at old adventure games... but Telltale did prove that they can make awesome games. Just look at the Sam n' Max series and Tales of Monkey Island!

Then again... I got stuck once at BTTF and it took me about a day to figure out the solution. It was rather easy after all...

All I had to start a new game. I got stuck due to a bug, not a difficult puzzle ^^
  • edited January 2012
    I see Back to the Future: The Game as an interactive movie.

That's why I don't like adventure games. They're only interactive movies. No fun gameplay. If Hollywood finds a way to make their movies interactive then adventure games would die.
  • ...as opposed to a completely healthy obsession with realistic graphics?

TBH I didn't like how it got derailed. I'm all for freedom of speech and opinion but there's a time and place for that too. Similar to how athiests should not be going to churches and protesting religion or political activists should not be going to opposing party conventions to protests- I have NO issue with Dashing and others who say the game sucks because it's too easy because overall they back up their points, I just have an issue with where they say it.

I created this thread because of the effect this game has had on my favourite movies of all time. I fell in love with these films TWICE in my life- first as an 8 year old and then again when i was older, they've been a part of my life over 20 years which is just over a third of my life. The only attempt and continuation was the animated series/comics which was fine for kids but heavily flawed as a continuation of the series. This game is the closest we'll get to a part IV. It helped close the time gap that part III left in the continuity between 1885-1955, continued the development of the Doc character that we saw in part III. Any BTTF fans like me were left wondering after the end of part III 'what happens next?' and of course had infinite possibilities. We now have an answer that we can choose to dismiss or pick up. Back to the future is entrenched in pop culture to the sense that Deloreans and time machines are almost synonomous in the sense that even people who've never seen them recognize.

I 'met' (yes i know this a loose term being the internet) a lot of interesting people, had a lot of great discussions and had a lot of fun predicting these episodes. I was hoping this thread would be a good way to reminisce but stayed away once the haters chose to highjack it with their usual thesis.
  • edited January 2012
    I 'met' (yes i know this a loose term being the internet) a lot of interesting people, had a lot of great discussions and had a lot of fun predicting these episodes. I was hoping this thread would be a good way to reminisce but stayed away once the haters chose to highjack it with their usual thesis.

It does get a bit tiresome, eh?

I admit the negative tone on most of the subforums I've visited here in Telltaleland has kept me from posting more than I might. (I know they have a right to their opinion, but darned if I'm not boggled by their determination. I know I have better things to do with my life than lurk on every forum related to pieces of art/entertainment I didn't like...)

Still, let's reminisce!

(Spoiler alerts!)

I was a latecomer to this one. I played through the entire series on my iPad over a holiday weekend I was stuck at my in-laws'. As a result, I didn't have any of the "what will happen next" jitters of the folks playing it as it came out.

I was amazed at how well the writers stuck with the flavor of the original trilogy. I was most impressed by Episode 2, where you re-visit Episode 1. That was the moment where I most felt like, "Holy spit! I'm in a Back to the Future movie!"

I loved the art direction and music. The whole "You Should Care" thing and (especially) "The Future Is Coming Today." I loved how the characters added felt like they should be part of BTTF canon. Trixie, Edna, and young Emmett all felt very natural.

The voice acting was all superb. Of particular note (to me): AJ LoCascio was a phenomenal find, and Christopher Lloyd seemed to really be having fun with the material (unlike many celebrity voice actors).

From a storytelling POV, I really appreciated how they tried to make "villains" and adversaries that were all sympathetic. Sure, the Tannens remained their cartoon-villain selves, but Citizen Brown and Edna both made me care about their fates.

There were so many little touches I could comment favorably on. I loved the use of various themes (and Huey Lewis songs!) in the closing credits; it felt very cinematic, and made me eagerly await future installments.

A a final note (commenting on the gameplay tangentially): Once I finish most adventure games, I have no urge to play them again for a loooooong time. (Usually this is the result of one too many "collect the six parts of frobbitz and take them to 12 different parts of the island" puzzles -- Tales of Monkey Island, I'm looking at you!) Back to the Future: The Game is different. I would gladly play through it again. I had to fight the urge to immediately replay it after having finished it the first time! That's never happened before with an adventure game for me.

Frankly, as far as feeling like both an expansion and continuation of a beloved franchise, I believe this game set the bar high. It may not be a gameplay experience that pushes the envelope on adventure gameplay, but it easily ranks in my Top Five licensed games.
  • edited January 2012
    That's why I don't like adventure games. They're only interactive movies. No fun gameplay. If Hollywood finds a way to make their movies interactive then adventure games would die.

He's saying he sees it as an interactive movie as apposed to an adventure game. The gameplay is supposed to be the puzzles.
  • edited January 2012
    He's saying he sees it as an interactive movie as apposed to an adventure game. The gameplay is supposed to be the puzzles.

You clearly don't understand the adventure genre. An interactive movie is a type of adventure game.

Maybe this might help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_game
  • edited January 2012
    You clearly don't understand the adventure genre. An interactive movie is a type of adventure game.

Maybe this might help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_game

"An adventure game is a video game in which the player assumes the role of protagonist in an interactive story driven by exploration and puzzle-solving instead of physical challenge..."

Back to the Future was an adventure game, just dumbed down. I was just explaining what Silverwolfpet thinks of this as.
  • edited January 2012
    "An adventure game is a video game in which the player assumes the role of protagonist in an interactive story driven by exploration and puzzle-solving instead of physical challenge..."

Back to the Future was an adventure game, just dumbed down. I was just explaining what Silverwolfpet thinks of this as.

I'm just saying an interactive movie is a type of adventure game. I never said BTTF wasn't an adventure game.
  • It does get a bit tiresome, eh?

I admit the negative tone on most of the subforums I've visited here in Telltaleland has kept me from posting more than I might. (I know they have a right to their opinion, but darned if I'm not boggled by their determination. I know I have better things to do with my life than lurk on every forum related to pieces of art/entertainment I didn't like...)

Still, let's reminisce!

(Spoiler alerts!)

I was a latecomer to this one. I played through the entire series on my iPad over a holiday weekend I was stuck at my in-laws'. As a result, I didn't have any of the "what will happen next" jitters of the folks playing it as it came out.

I was amazed at how well the writers stuck with the flavor of the original trilogy. I was most impressed by Episode 2, where you re-visit Episode 1. That was the moment where I most felt like, "Holy spit! I'm in a Back to the Future movie!"

I loved the art direction and music. The whole "You Should Care" thing and (especially) "The Future Is Coming Today." I loved how the characters added felt like they should be part of BTTF canon. Trixie, Edna, and young Emmett all felt very natural.

The voice acting was all superb. Of particular note (to me): AJ LoCascio was a phenomenal find, and Christopher Lloyd seemed to really be having fun with the material (unlike many celebrity voice actors).

From a storytelling POV, I really appreciated how they tried to make "villains" and adversaries that were all sympathetic. Sure, the Tannens remained their cartoon-villain selves, but Citizen Brown and Edna both made me care about their fates.

There were so many little touches I could comment favorably on. I loved the use of various themes (and Huey Lewis songs!) in the closing credits; it felt very cinematic, and made me eagerly await future installments.

A a final note (commenting on the gameplay tangentially): Once I finish most adventure games, I have no urge to play them again for a loooooong time. (Usually this is the result of one too many "collect the six parts of frobbitz and take them to 12 different parts of the island" puzzles -- Tales of Monkey Island, I'm looking at you!) Back to the Future: The Game is different. I would gladly play through it again. I had to fight the urge to immediately replay it after having finished it the first time! That's never happened before with an adventure game for me.

Frankly, as far as feeling like both an expansion and continuation of a beloved franchise, I believe this game set the bar high. It may not be a gameplay experience that pushes the envelope on adventure gameplay, but it easily ranks in my Top Five licensed games.

I just don't understand why some people can't just accept that some people like media that they do not and vice versa. The game has been over for 7 months, these arguments have already been made, why are the same people having the same arguments in different threads?

It definitely felt like BTTF to me (I actually rewatched the trilogy again this past week in a different language). I would have preferred more time travel but if I had to choose only one era to set the game in, it would have been 1915-1945. And I thought it was greatly executed. We had our typical McFly vs. Tannen that we have in any era but even that was planned properly; We had Buford who is an outlaw and does what he likes at a time without laws and Seamus who is an intelligent individual who backs down not due to being a cowards but because it's the smart thing to do (as we see what happened to those who stood up to Buford). We then had bullies in Biff and Griff who bully cowards in George and Marty Jr. who are afraid of getting beaten up. Kid and Arthur are hybrids of their ancestors and defendants; Prohibition was a more dangerous era than the modern era but not as dangerous as the old west. Kid can still kill people but he has to be more crafty and strategic than Buford who could pop people in plain sight. Artie is understandably attempting to keep his job when unemployment was at an all time high. And just like how Marty gives George the confidence to stand up to Tannen, he does the same for his father.

In part III we found out that Doc is capable of love but it opened up 2 more questions; why did it take him so long and what about his past (he can dance over all). Again the game helps answer this, he's clearly been capable of love his entire life, he's just always been a devoted person. In his original timelines he devoted himself to science but in the FCB timeline he devoted himself to love (eventually at the end of the game and trilogy he devoted to both).

Episodes 2 and 5 were my favourites mainly for the same reasons part II was my favourite film; they had the most time travel, alternate timelines, and like you mentioned the brief scenario of 2 marty's.

The cartoon was decent for kids and educational but lost some of the essence; it focused on Clara and the kids with Doc and demoted Marty to a side character. The game gets it right; in the films while marty is not in every scene, the audience folows him around and we are always in any time period marty is in. The game follows this exact same format.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm just saying an interactive movie is a type of adventure game. I never said BTTF wasn't an adventure game.

Oh my God, you knew what I fucking meant.
  • edited January 2012
    He's not asking for realistic graphics. He's asking for less cartoony graphics because it doesn't fit style of the movies.

Yeah I said that many times but they never listen. :(

They seem to think because I want it to look right I must hate graphics which are not up to date, which is not true (As I have said many times on the law & order thread, most of my favourite games have bad graphics but bttf the game's graphics just looked wrong.) :confused:

Now thats off topic so lets get it back to about: ''Wow been over a year''

And yes I am suprised it has been that long I remember very well when they announced it I was excited im also still hopefull for a season 2 as long as it has improvements. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.