xbox? wii? How about the Mac?!

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
I don't think I'm suggesting anything unruly here, but many faithful Sam and Max players are Mac people. Any thoughts about it?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Yes, we've definitely thought about it. We have a lot of Mac users here at Telltale. :)
  • edited July 2007
    Now that a mac client is available on gametap, I assume mac support for Sam & Max is not far behind...

when can we expect to play the game on our macs?
  • RyanRyan Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Thats not really in the cards just yet. We are trying to make the jump to Vista for the growing % of our customers who use it, work on new projects on new platforms as well as make our games easier to use. There are quite a bit of "we want mac " threads on our forums so we know you're out there...i'm a mac man myself.
  • edited July 2007
    Ahhhhh, Vistaaaa! (eyes sting)
  • edited July 2007
    I'd say the main problem is that there aren't as many Mac users as PC users. I'm personally a Windows user, I'd switch to Linux if more games were compatible with it, though.

I've heard that it's harder to program for the Mac, is that true?
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
    NatsFan wrote: »
    I'd say the main problem is that there aren't as many Mac users as PC users. I'm personally a Windows user, I'd switch to Linux if more games were compatible with it, though.

Over at Adventure Gamers, someone had a thread that listed games that they personally got to work in Linux. It might give you an idea of what's available.

It obviously isn't complete but games get added as they play them. :)
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2007

Its different. But it is quite possible. The problem is that you need to *think different* :).

Check Aspyr's site (http://www.aspyr.com/) for a list of pc games ported to mac.
  • edited July 2007
  • edited July 2007
    I think they would have to get the telltale engine to work with the mac..which could be considerable work..
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I think they would have to get the telltale engine to work with the mac..which could be considerable work..

They ported Out From Boneville but it seems, based on many of their posts, that it's a matter of manpower right now.
  • edited July 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    Its different. But it is quite possible. The problem is that you need to *think different* :).
    Define "think different."
  • edited July 2007
    Why not develop the games in opengl and sdl or some other platformindependant frameworks? would make porting a lot easier! I would die for this on the mac.
  • edited July 2007
    I just registered to tell you that I'd very much like to see Sam & Max on a Mac some day. More specifically, my Mac, and more to be honest, today rather than tomorrow.

Please feel free to insert anything that compels you to port the game here. Anything goes, so even SadPuppyEyes® and KittenInPain® are allowed for something as important as this.
  • edited July 2007
    *coughcough*Linux*cough*
    =3
    PS: Every time you don't port Sam & Max to Linux, god kills several thousand kittens. Please, think of the kittens. ;_;
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2007
    Why not Java? Think of all those deprived Java-enabled mobile devices.
  • edited July 2007
    I desperately need Sam & Max for mac for nostalgic purposes. That is all.

All hail Macs!(Pun)
  • edited July 2007
    NatsFan wrote: »
    Define "think different."

Well. 2 things come to mind.

1. Don't use DirectX
    2. Don't use Microsoft's .NET framework.

Actually, I thought of a third.

3. In fact, avoid Microsoft products in the development of the game in general. Perhaps even Windows.
  • edited August 2007
    I'd buy a Mac version if it existed. No question about it.
    I think there's a larger costumer base on the Mac side than you think, because big sellers on the mac are mostly sim, puzzle and adventure games. Also the competition is not that strong at the moment. But with EA and others porting a lot of games, that might change.
  • edited August 2007
    I don't need a Mac version as I use Windows Vista, but if there is a big enough market out there, I don't see why not -- as long as it doesn't delay the time it takes to get Sam and Max gmaes out! :D

Personally, I don't think Sam and Max needs to go to the consoles... I like the idea of us PC gamers having them all to ourselves. :cool:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.