Why DIDN'T Telltale release Devils Playhouse to Xbox?

edited February 2012 in Sam & Max
Was it because of poor sales or something?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    It's probably more to do with Microsoft's restrictive online policies than sales. Telltale don't seem to release games on Xbox Live anymore, they either give Xbox users a physical disc or nothing at all. With TDP Telltale probably figured it wasn't worth going with the physical disc route, but I'm just speculating.
  • edited February 2012
    It is kind of a shame they didn't allow people to purchase a game disc for TDP for the Xbox 360, because I recently discovered my computer can't handle it. I'm having to play it on my cousin's laptop which I found runs it pretty darn well, but that's only a couple hours after he leaves for school, which means it's taking me forever to get through them.

If I'd had it at home, I'd have gone through it in about 2 days.
  • edited February 2012
    It is kind of a shame they didn't allow people to purchase a game disc for TDP for the Xbox 360, because I recently discovered my computer can't handle it. I'm having to play it on my cousin's laptop which I found runs it pretty darn well, but that's only a couple hours after he leaves for school, which means it's taking me forever to get through them.

I played It on my iPad... It's pretty damn good, but its glitchy :+
  • edited February 2012
    Well, I don't have anything fancy like one of those. :p

Thankfully my cousin's laptop plays it pretty well (graphics level 6). I'm somewhere in the middle of episode 4 "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls", but won't be able to play it again until money when he goes back to school. I'm going nuts cause I wanna see what happens next! D:
  • edited February 2012

Maybe it's crazy old me, but what's wrong with playing at a leisurely pace? That means when you're finished it's less time to wait for the next one!
  • edited February 2012
    There's nothing wrong with playing at a leisurely pace, but the problem is that like a good book the Sam & Max episodes have kept me hooked to the point where I literally don't want to stop. I wanna go through them, click on everything, hear all the dialogue even the optional stuff, and relish every moment of that.

When I'm forced to play it at someone else's house for a limited amount of time, I find myself feeling rushed. Like I can't stop to smell the roses cause if I dillydally too long I'll run out of time and be left agonizing over where I left off. It's not as bad when I finish one episode and wait until playing the next, cause that's what people who played it as it came out did.

The way I play games IS my idea of a leisurely pace. I don't blaze through them in an hour each or something, I literally do take my time. It's just that when I get into that kind of gaming zone, I'd ideally want to spend the whole entire day just soaking it up and loving every moment. Having to ration it out kinda.. dulls the effect for me. Kind of like a dramatic moment in a show ruined by a commercial break that lasts 5 minutes before it finished.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.