Law&Order: CI

Just tried the demo.

It looked like a good game, the setting (of the case you can play) was ok.
However I'll not buy that game because

1) The music. I don't know if it is a demo thing, but the same tune plays over and over and over.... fortunately the demo timed-out. I didn't switched the music off in the hopes of getting something different at some point.

2) Flickering and Stuttering. Sometimes the character kept flickering and or repeating the same animation over and over when trying to talk to someone if there was an object near. The path finding algorithm used in the game suck.

3) Can't skip dialog/scenes. Due to some trouble with the UI (Some buttons didn't work, sometimes the button focus was lost or stuck), I kept hitting the same button over and over. And I kept hearing the same dialog over and over. Frustrating.

4) Awkward controls. The controls didn't work sometimes and were a lot confusing and looked bad compared to CSI:3D (Similar game, at least in the find clues, solve crime focus). At least CSI:3D allowed you to play a tutorial. I felt really lost trying to get some things done and exploring the dozen or so tabs and buttons of the PDA.

I hope that they release an update, and episode 2 improves.

Comments

• edited May 2007
    You're probably best off sharing suggestions for Law & Order at Legacy Interactive's forum, since they're the developers of the game and will probably actually see your post there :)

http://legacygames.com/vbforum/
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Episode 2 has already been released (but not on Telltale's site). The four Criminal Intent episodes are taken from a four-case Criminal Intent retail product that was released a couple of years ago, so I wouldn't expect to see any real changes from episode to episode, but these are good suggestions for their future projects. I hope you share them with Legacy. :)
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    Ok, posted on their site. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.
    I think I'll just save the money for S&M Season 2.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.