New Interview With Steve Purcell

edited April 2012 in Sam & Max
I set up an interview with Steve Purcell on Strange Kids Club. You can view it right here: http://www.strangekidsclub.com/2012/03/12/a-carefree-and-chaotic-conversation-with-cartoonist-writer-and-animator-steve-purcell/

Nathan Christopher Thor is not my real name, it's my Facebook name. My second account is my real name. You see, I am kinda in a domestic partnership with my second account.

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I love it!
    Oh man, I didn't know Steve was co-directing Brave, too! I know he was getting more involved with Pixar, but I didn't expect him to be doing anything like that! That's SO awesome! Maybe that means he'll be able to pitch his own film there someday (Even if it's not Sam & Max related, I'd still be super excited!).
  • edited March 2012
    I love it!
    Oh man, I didn't know Steve was co-directing Brave, too! I know he was getting more involved with Pixar, but I didn't expect him to be doing anything like that! That's SO awesome! Maybe that means he'll be able to pitch his own film there someday (Even if it's not Sam & Max related, I'd still be super excited!).

He said specifically when I asked him that Sam and Max wouldn't fit the Pixar family friendly model.
  • edited March 2012
    lovetodo22 wrote: »
    He said specifically when I asked him that Sam and Max wouldn't fit the Pixar family friendly model.

I know, I figured as much! That makes sense.
    But I would really love if he was able to do another film of his own with them! Anything Steve creates is amazing.
  • edited March 2012
    I agree.
  • edited March 2012
    Great interview! Yeah, I think Pixar would have to "evolve" a little to get a Sam & Max story in there....
  • edited March 2012
    Its too bad he isn't working with DreamWorks instead i think Sam and max would fit in well in the house of Shrek.
  • edited March 2012
    For sure. I, myself, think that Sam and Max would benefit from an adult swim treatment. They have already proven through Venture Brothers that they can show more sophisticated, actually adult, shows and that they garner a large fanbase.
  • edited March 2012
    Even though Steve won't let Pixar do a Sam and Max cartoon, I wonder if he'll ever sneak in a small reference or two. If there's one thing Pixar loves, it's hard-to-spot references (every single movie they've done contains John Ratzenberger, the phrase "A113," and the Pizza Planet truck, for starters).

I'll keep my eyes peeled when Brave comes out. Who knows, maybe there are some rabbits in that forest.
  • edited March 2012
    I miss Sam&Max...infact..I'm going to throw my walking dead compendium and sit down and read a classic.
  • edited April 2012
    And now there's another really awesome new interview with Steve over at Thunder Chunky! =D

http://www.thunderchunky.co.uk/articles/hitting-the-road-with-steve-purcell/
Sign in to comment in this discussion.