What is Your Favourite Back To The Future The Game Episode?

I was tied between Citizen Brown and Outatime for my favourite episode but i picked Citizen Brown because i liked the idea where theres a timeline that while it looks perfect it is really horrible and it turns out Doc has been well kind of brainwashed because Edna convinced him to make all these rules and turn Hill Valley into a police state and Marty is alone here. Jennifer thinks he is a nerd, his parents are fighting again, George is now a wimp again. Biff has now been brainwashed by Edna and Doc now thinks hill valley should be the way it is now until the next episode. Now some people might think that it should be Outatime because it had better puzzles than this episode but the story had me worrying about Marty and Hill Valley throughout this episode and i loved the cliffhanger at the end
where Marty & Doc is captured by Edna to be brainwashed

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Episode 3 wad the worst by far. So short and boring.
  • I hated episode 3 at the time it came out; no time travel, barely any of the delorean, boring timeline. It also has very little of doc.

Looking at it by the end of the game though I guess it has its merits; it's the only episode which doesn't take place in 1931 and being able to explore hill valley was nice. It definitely is the episode the most unlike the others. I don't know if that makes it better though.

Episode 4 was dark but there really wasn't anything great that made it stick out. I guess the escape from 1986 was fun as was the clocktower part at the end.

Episodes 2 and 5 were my favourite probably for the same reason part II is my favourite movie; those ones had the most time travel and time periods. If you count different timelines, episode 5 has FOUR different time periods shown. Also the flying delorean is awesome.
  • edited April 2012
    I hated episode 3 at the time it came out; no time travel, barely any of the delorean, boring timeline. It also has very little of doc.

Looking at it by the end of the game though I guess it has its merits; it's the only episode which doesn't take place in 1931 and being able to explore hill valley was nice. It definitely is the episode the most unlike the others. I don't know if that makes it better though.

Episode 4 was dark but there really wasn't anything great that made it stick out. I guess the escape from 1986 was fun as was the clocktower part at the end.

Episodes 2 and 5 were my favourite probably for the same reason part II is my favourite movie; those ones had the most time travel and time periods. If you count different timelines, episode 5 has FOUR different time periods shown. Also the flying delorean is awesome.

But didn't episode 2 have 4 timeline

Timeline 1= Artie is killed Marty starts to disapper from time
    Timeline 2=Artie is saved and the Tannens take over Hill Valley
    Timeline 3=Kid never went to jail 1931
    Timeline 4= Young Doc becomes a hero and falls in love with Edna and Doc disappers leaving Marty trapped in the Citizen Brown ruled Hill Valley.

and with that said look at all the timelines in this game

Episode 1
    Marty 1986 (First 1986)
    Kid jailed 1931 (before Marty changed it to Tannen ruled timeline)
    Doc killed after he is free
    Doc killed after being taken by Kid during the night
    Artie killed 1931

Episode 2
    Artie killed
    Tannen ruled
    Kid never jailed 1931
    Citizen brown Hill Valley

Episode 3
    Citizen brown timeline

Episode 4
    Citizen Brown Timeline
    Doc & Edna in love 1931
    Doc & Edna broken up and Doc back to science 1931

Episode 5
    Doc Back to Science 1931
    Hill Valley Gone Timeline
    Back in the Old West Timeline
    The Final Timeline
  • But didn't episode 2 have 4 timeline

Timeline 1= Artie is killed Marty starts to disapper from time
    Timeline 2=Artie is saved and the Tannens take over Hill Valley
    Timeline 3=Kid never went to jail 1931
    Timeline 4= Young Doc becomes a hero and falls in love with Edna and Doc disappers leaving Marty trapped in the Citizen Brown ruled Hill Valley.

and with that said look at all the timelines in this game

Episode 1
    Marty 1986 (First 1986)
    Kid jailed 1931 (before Marty changed it to Tannen ruled timeline)
    Doc killed after he is free
    Doc killed after being taken by Kid during the night
    Artie killed 1931

Episode 2
    Artie killed
    Tannen ruled
    Kid never jailed 1931
    Citizen brown Hill Valley

Episode 3
    Citizen brown timeline

Episode 4
    Citizen Brown Timeline
    Doc & Edna in love 1931
    Doc & Edna broken up and Doc back to science 1931

Episode 5
    Doc Back to Science 1931
    Hill Valley Gone Timeline
    Back in the Old West Timeline
    The Final Timeline

I was more talking about different timelines being shown, yes there are 3 or 4 different timelines in episode 2 but we basically only see 2 (its the same version of 1931 pretty much and the brief 1986). Also we barely see citizen brown hill valley this episode.
  • edited April 2012
    Hey can i ask you a question? did i get all the timelines in the game?
  • edited April 2012
    I was more talking about different timelines being shown, yes there are 3 or 4 different timelines in episode 2 but we basically only see 2 (its the same version of 1931 pretty much and the brief 1986). Also we barely see citizen brown hill valley this episode.

Also we are told a few things that are changed in the Tannen Not Jailed Timeline

1. Young Emmett never had the nerve to do science in the town
    2. Jennifer and her father are never born because Danny's wife thinks he went crazy
  • Hey can i ask you a question? did i get all the timelines in the game?

depends on your interpretation on what constitutes a timeline; technically every time travel to the past creates a miltitude of timelines every time something is changed but the generally accepted interpretation is that each time travel creates only one more timeline. For instance we've seen through pictures and newspapers Marty and Arthur dying but they're not actually shown as a timeline So the game would have the following;

Eastwood timeline at the beginning
    Tannen crime family timeline
    FCB timeline
    burnt hill valley timeline
    final timeline
  • edited April 2012
    Ok but where did it show Marty dying in the newspaper?
  • it didnt but in part III it did show 'clint eastwood' on the picture of the tombstomb so there would have been a timeline where Marty dies in 1885 for a brief period but since it's not shown, it's not an accepted timeline.
  • edited April 2012
    Yes but we are shown the Artie killed timeline since after Marty saves Doc. Artie was killed and the effects to the timeline already start happening. Something i don't understand is why does Marty start to fade out so fast in the game even through it took a week in Bttf 1
  • edited April 2012
    Yes but we are shown the Artie killed timeline since after Marty saves Doc. Artie was killed and the effects to the timeline already start happening. Something i don't understand is why does Marty start to fade out so fast in the game even through it took a week in Bttf 1

Because Marty was before the junction point. The junction point is an event that is needed for another event to happen. In BTTF1 the kiss at the dance was the junction point. Marty was fine until that event was about to not happen. Then he started to fade instantly. In episode 2 Marty had just passed the critical junction point insuring his own nonexistence which is why he instantly started to fade.
  • Tornreaper wrote: »
    Because Marty was before the junction point. The junction point is an event that is needed for another event to happen. In BTTF1 the kiss at the dance was the junction point. Marty was fine until that event was about to not happen. Then he started to fade instantly. In episode 2 Marty had just passed the critical junction point insuring his own nonexistence which is why he instantly started to fade.

It's also unclear as to what the actual junction point is. Seems according to part I that the junction point is the main action that causes it but you could argue that the lack of george getting hit by sam or the actual conception of marty is the junction point.

But in arties case its not a simple action; he's beaten to death so it would have been a slow and painful death.
  • edited April 2012
    It's also unclear as to what the actual junction point is. Seems according to part I that the junction point is the main action that causes it but you could argue that the lack of george getting hit by sam or the actual conception of marty is the junction point.

But in arties case its not a simple action; he's beaten to death so it would have been a slow and painful death.

He probably died right that instant.
  • edited April 2012
    Yes but Doc says Artie was killed 5 minutes ago after Marty starts to fade so why didnt he start to fade away right after Artie was killed
  • edited April 2012
    Yes but Doc says Artie was killed 5 minutes ago after Marty starts to fade so why didnt he start to fade away right after Artie was killed

It's also time based.
  • edited April 2012
    Yes but think about this in Bttf 1 Marty started to fade away even before the part where George was ment to kiss Lorraine but here Marty starts fades away after the event has happened and he takes longer to fade away after he starts to
  • Yes but Doc says Artie was killed 5 minutes ago after Marty starts to fade so why didnt he start to fade away right after Artie was killed

there's no way they could have known time of death, especially with 1930's medical technology
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I didn't care for episode 4 that much. The framing parts were fun (the beginning with Citizen Brown in 1986 and the end, which set up the next episode excellently). But it was too much of the same-old, same-old in 1931 and no new characters were introduced.

I wasn't too sure what to make of episode 5 when it was released (and I just realized I never made a review of it on my site), but I came to enjoy it more when I replayed it (the ending was sort of too out-there for me at first, and kind of felt like a letdown, but I've come to accept it, if not really enjoy it). I'd have to say that episode 1, 3, and 5 would all get the highest rating for the series from me (3.5 out of 5, or a 7 out of 10), but episode 5 would probably be the one I enjoyed the most overall.
  • Jennifer wrote: »
    I didn't care for episode 4 that much. The framing parts were fun (the beginning with Citizen Brown in 1986 and the end, which set up the next episode excellently). But it was too much of the same-old, same-old in 1931 and no new characters were introduced.

I wasn't too sure what to make of episode 5 when it was released (and I just realized I never made a review of it on my site), but I came to enjoy it more when I replayed it (the ending was sort of too out-there for me at first, and kind of felt like a letdown, but I've come to accept it, if not really enjoy it). I'd have to say that episode 1, 3, and 5 would all get the highest rating for the series from me (3.5 out of 5, or a 7 out of 10), but episode 5 would probably be the one I enjoyed the most overall.

I agree about episode 4, the start and end were fairly good. It was midly fun sabotaging Emmett and Edna but it didnt really show us anything we hadn't seen yet.
  • edited April 2012
    I still enjoyed getting payback at Edna for what she done in Episode 3 and at the start of 4
Sign in to comment in this discussion.