Change text language

edited April 2012 in Back to the Future
Hi all,

I just got BTTF and wondered if I can play it using original (english) texts?
Since my operating system is german, I guess BTTF switched automatically to german texts (speech luckily is original still :) ) which are not very well translated. Anyway I bought this game in the american online store to play it in english...
I found no options setting where I can revert text language (to english) !?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Timm

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    You should be able to choose which language you want the game to be from your My Telltale page when you select your download (in the dropdown box next to the episode).
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

yes, I did that (change the language to english) prior to download, but the in-game texts are displayed in german.

Timm
  • edited April 2012
    Hi everyone who might have the same problem,

the game seems to auto-detect the system language and then use in-game texts in that language automatically (if provided), there seems to be no changeable option to change that (and no editable ini file or registry setting).

The workaround I used is renaming the corresponding subfolders in the "Localized" folders. If it doesn't find that folder, it will use the english language setting instead (which I recommend due to the bad translations... :) )
    I.e. navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Back to the Future The Game\Episode x\Pack\Localized and rename the subfolder that is being used, in my case "German" to something else (given that the installation path resides on drive C:, insert the episode number for the "x" above).

Have fun,
    Timm
Sign in to comment in this discussion.