I hated the season 2 ending...

edited April 2012 in Sam & Max
I thought it was simply pathetic... :(
Now hear me out, I love this game...
And episode 4 cliffhanger sent chills raging up my spine in excitement.
That plot twist was just plain random and completely out of place...
(IM TALKING ABOUT WHEN SODA POPPERS TURN EVIL ^^^^)
It's like TTG just pulled the idea right out of the hat at the last minute... It's not like Hugh bliss, because there are signs that he was up to something; and you never even suspected a thing... But I don't get the point of the soda poppers being the main villains, since they don't even have any important role in the plot line.

Also in season 3, things make even less sense...
Didn't Sybil and Abe go on a honeymoon WITH the desoto? What happened to it being possessed? And worse, Sam and Max's Present selves are STILL in the apartment... So it clearly shows that season 3's setting is after 204 took place...

Doesn't sybil get pregnant? I never got to play season 3 games (only season 1 on iPad) I was a concept art of he pregnant, 0.o How the blue hell can a stone head of a 100+ year old president be fertile?!

Lololololol I'm going off topic... Sorry.
It's

Comments

• edited April 2012
    For what it's worth, it's mentioned in season 3 that the DeSoto drove back on its own pretty soon after the marriage, and that "it's not so bad so long as you don't turn on the air conditioning".
    Also the (nominal) reason you can't visit the office in S3 is because of construction work, not because of their 204 selves.
    Otoh Sybil getting pregnant is just a mystery of "life" I'm afraid. She starts to tell Sam how but he blocks it out.

But yeah, Sam & Max has its share of insane developments and deus ex machina plot twists.
  • edited April 2012
    Soda Poppers?!? Clashing timelines?!?! Oh, I don't understand what you're saying, it all sounds so crazy to me! :eek: :confused: :(
  • edited April 2012
    What do you mean by season 1 on ipad. do you mean episode 1 of season 3 or season 2?
  • edited April 2012
    I wouldn't really complain about continuity issues in Sam and Max if I were you. Remember that before Telltale, Sam and Max was completely devoid of any continuity at all. :p
  • edited April 2012
    What do you mean by season 1 on ipad. do you mean episode 1 of season 3 or season 2?

Season 3, sadly... ._. Good thing mine is jailbroken...
  • edited April 2012
    I wouldn't really complain about continuity issues in Sam and Max if I were you. Remember that before Telltale, Sam and Max was completely devoid of any continuity at all. :p

D: it's a comic strip/cartoon! It would make things too serious to give it continuity.

But the games however focus alot on plot :(
    Sam and max makes references to previous games, plus the*cough*closet*cough*
  • edited April 2012
    Harald B wrote: »
    For what it's worth, it's mentioned in season 3 that the DeSoto drove back on its own pretty soon after the marriage, and that "it's not so bad so long as you don't turn on the air conditioning".
    Also the (nominal) reason you can't visit the office in S3 is because of construction work, not because of their 204 selves.
    Otoh Sybil getting pregnant is just a mystery of "life" I'm afraid. She starts to tell Sam how but he blocks it out.

But yeah, Sam & Max has its share of insane developments and deus ex machina plot twists.

I understand, I'm just saying the soda poppers ending felt pointless...

204 tied up alot of loose ends...
    But 205 just spilled the milk on the floor *insert timeskip here* season 3 cleans up the mess :O

Lol I dunno... Maybe it's because there was no Sam in the past in 204 after the incident, so no one was there to celebrate their birthday... :(
  • edited April 2012
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I just remembered something. One thing the soda poppers blame on Sam & Max that supposedly sent them over the edge is that Sam & Max made the mariachi's not show up on their birthday. And this is actually confirmed earlier: halfway through 204 the mariachi's start to plan that appearance, but then they get removed from the ship one by one and never get around to it.
    But I understand if that doesn't really help you at all...
  • edited April 2012
    I loved the ending of season two because it was a giant wink to the fans. Telltale were basically saying, 'yeah, we get it, you hate these guys [The Soda Poppers], we made a mistake, now we are going to make it up to you.' In the context of the story they were revealed to be literally eviler than Satan, and then they started being called the S#!t Poppers, that's how hated they were. When they were finally killed forever, for me, that was a massive relief (and hilarious).

Yes, the whole thing didn't make the most sense but it was the ultimate fan service so I found it more than forgiveable.
  • edited April 2012
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I loved the ending of season two because it was a giant wink to the fans. Telltale were basically saying, 'yeah, we get it, you hate these guys [The Soda Poppers], we made a mistake, now we are going to make it up to you.' In the context of the story they were revealed to be literally eviler than Satan, and then they started being called the S#!t Poppers, that's how hated they were. When they were finally killed forever, for me, that was a massive relief (and hilarious).

Yes, the whole thing didn't make the most sense but it was the ultimate fan service so I found it more than forgiveable.

No, actually it's because they changed the list of swears, and soda is now on that list.
  • edited April 2012
    Goluffy wrote: »
    No, actually it's because they changed the list of swears, and soda is now on that list.

But that's the joke, it's another wink to the fans. That puzzle was a way for Telltale to start calling the Soda Poppers the S#!t Poppers without introducing actual swearing.
  • edited April 2012
    It was the best kind of fan service there is, it makes it hard to recommend season 2 to people without season 1, but I just say the series so who cares!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.