release for xbox 360?

this really needs to be released on the xbox 360:mad:

Comments

• edited April 2012
    No it doesn't. Especially since TTG are moving on to other titles.

That's like if I said Halo needs to be on PS3. How do you think people are going to respond? This is reality when it comes to games. Not every game is on every console. If you really want to get a game that isn't on your platform you need to get a new one. That's what it was like when I wanted to play the Uncharted series.

Plus Xbox is more suitable for competitive multiplayer games. A cartoony adventure game game like this is better suited for PC, Wii, and PS3.

Also these threads are getting annoying.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    This is a question that comes up quite often. In this thread (from just two months ago), a member of the Telltale team, Alan Johnson, replies that there are currently no plans for a Back to the Future release for Xbox 360.
  • edited July 2012
    There is already a version for PS3, it is possible to download a demo for PSN?
  • edited July 2012
    How about a survey to see how many people would be interested in an Xbox 360 version and/or a Kickstarter project to fund the effort?
  • edited July 2012
    g.gif
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks Jennifer, a far more mature response than "No it doesn't". I'm currently playing the walking dead on the 360 and am loving it. I am disappointed that we will not see a 360 version of BttF on it, in my opinion TTG are losing out but so be it. I personally have better things to spend my money on than another console just to play a game.

To answer the other question in this thread, I think Halo might do well on the PS3, I'm not a fanboy of any platform so if they decided to do so, hey good for them.
    Also the 360 can play these games just as well as competative game, so that comment is laughable.

These threads may be annoying but if it wasn't here I would have had to spend more time digging for that simple answer that Jennifer gave. Little wonder why she's a Mod.
  • edited January 2013
    Tornreaper wrote: »

That's like if I said Halo needs to be on PS3. How do you think people are going to respond? This is reality when it comes to games. Not every game is on every console. If you really want to get a game that isn't on your platform you need to get a new one. That's what it was like when I wanted to play the Uncharted series.

Plus Xbox is more suitable for competitive multiplayer games. A cartoony adventure game game like this is better suited for PC, Wii, and PS3.

I think that the Call of Duty + Xbox Stereotype gets old. There are plenty of people who enjoy more cartoony games like this (me included). Also, this game doesn't feel very PS3-Exclusive. And, even if so some games like Bioshock, which are both 3rd-Party Games that were originally Xbox Exclusive, are now on PS3 as well. Now Fez joins that group. Usually, Xbox looses the exclusives, NOT Playstation (minus Metal Gear Solid) Now, each Console has exclusives. Playstation has God of War, Uncharted, etc. Xbox has Gears of War, Halo, etc. If there is enough demand for Back to the Future to have a Xbox 360 Port, that demand will be met with supply. It's how the business world--usually--works.
  • edited January 2013
    Tornreaper wrote: »

+1 Agree
  • edited January 2013
    I would like it to be on Xbox but it matters more to me that they work on new content such as Sam and Max season 4...
  • edited January 2013
    I'd like to see an Xbox 360 version of BTTF please! Thank You!
    I have the mac version of BTTF and it's brilliant, however I like gaming on the xbox also, as I am sure many other people do!

Xbox exclusive games and PS3 exclusive games aren't really relevant to this discussion are they? I thought the only reason that happens, is because the companies developing them have been tied up in big-money exclusivity contracts. It helps the mothership sell consoles.

Surely a company like Telltale, who have no prejudices either way (as far as I am aware) would want to sell as many copies of their games as possible, to anybody.
    With the success of Walking Dead across all platforms and the fact that there are already releases of Wallace and Gromit on xbox as well as two of the Sam and Max games, I can only imagine that the reason why xbox versions were not always developed in the past, came down to the cost and time of developing across multiple platforms and perhaps publishing rights and mechanics in so many different regions.

Hopefully, the way Walking Dead was distributed across every platform possible shows the way for future Telltale releases. As for the old ones, the discussion of "Will Telltale look at releasing their older games on xbox" sounds so much like the never-ending discussion as to whether LucasArts will ever release an xbox version of the old CoMI. The answer to that is always "Hopefully, but who really knows".

The question here is essentially the same but with different wording and a different game at it's heart, but the answer is still the answer.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.