CD Cover

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
I was thinking to burn the episodes on CD for safekeeping and decided to make a CD cover to go with it (waiting for the official CD of course!).

I am pretty content with it so I decided to share it here, for people not planning on buying the official disc perhaps...?

SamnMaxFront.jpg

Also feel free to tell me what you think of it!! And if you want to use it just save to your computer and print it out, should be the right size for a normal CD cover.

Oh, I hope I can do this? Don't want to get in trouble with the Telltale crew of course!!! ;)

Comments

• edited May 2007
    It's surprisingly very simple. Like something I would see in the Wal-Mart bargin bin area of the computer software section (which is where I found Zoo Tycoon, incidently). That's not a bad thing, because sometimes simplicity is a good thing.

From a design stand-point, I personally don't like how much red there is. But, again, that's my personal opinion.
  • edited May 2007
    Well, it definitely serves the purpose of storing the games, although design-wise the whole thing isn't spectacular. Just some pictures and some lines of text (and everything is just centered ;) ... which reminds me, I've done this too). But hey, obviously you're not doing this very often, and after all I've seen worse.
  • edited May 2007
    the font suxs
  • edited May 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    the font suxs

At least you can read it, which is more important.
  • edited May 2007
    That is nice of you to share it, and yeah you did a good job. Telltale has access to fresher material though rather then photos we've seen before, so I'm sure they could make something more fresh anyway. The disc is going to be DVD, by the way, not CD. :)
  • edited May 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    the font suxs

Ah, come on, it's not that bad. Where could you get a better font anyway? That might take a while to find.
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    The disc is going to be DVD, by the way, not CD. :)

But he's burning a CD for himself so that's why it says CD. :)
  • edited May 2007
    I think its great.. 1st person had it right. very simple not overdone or filtered out the rear. I think the episodes are to close together on the list but other than that. Can I have a copy of the photo if its ok with telltale lol. I mean I bought the game and will buy the german version too but I just like all arts. And this one is pretty decent CD cover wise

Ps wierd fonts while cool just make it hard to read! I have 999999 fonts loading and it does take forever to find a decent one.
  • edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Ah, come on, it's not that bad.

Could be worse.
    *Looks at Comic Sans*
  • edited May 2007
    Hehehe thanks for the feedback! Tough crowd to please I guess ;):D.
    The font is not that good I agree, actually one of the first decent ones I came up with looking through the list. Wanted to look for another one but kinda forgot about it :o.
    I like to keep it clean and simple, so right about that! I threw in the CD ROM badge and Telltale logo just for fun, also planned on putting in an 18+ age classification :D but forgot about that as well.

If other people have better ideas or maybe tried something similar post them in here so people can choose which one to use? I am definately not a graphic artist or something but I am sure there are more experienced people around? So let's see them! ;)

Cheers all!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    For some nice Sam & Maxy fonts, you might want to check out Font Diner. They have a page of free fonts, many of which you've probably seen gracing cheezy diner menus and retro-hipster store flyers for the last 10 years :) Many of the fonts we actually use in the game (especially for logos and titling) were selected by Steve Purcell, and come from Font Diner's Country Fair Picnic set. The Sam & Max Season One logo itself is based on the font Motel King, but was modified by Steve to his liking.

Another good cartooney / retro font site is Blambot. They have a decent selection of free goodies there as well, if you dig around. Other places to check out: Chank, Larabie.
  • edited May 2007
    Ooh, neat fonts!

Though if it were me, I would have done the cover in Hylian (OoT or WW version, either one works.) as the result of major geekiness, a long internet search, and lots of time on my hands.
  • edited May 2007
    Ooh, neat fonts!

Though if it were me, I would have done the cover in Hylian (OoT or WW version, either one works.) as the result of major geekiness, a long internet search, and lots of time on my hands.

w00t.

This site
    is actually pretty awesome for stuff like that.
  • edited May 2007
    More off-topic but regarding the last post's link...

Blissymbolics?

Just interesting, is all... :rolleyes:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.